RBCD Platinum Blended Metal Ammo

Does anyone out these have any experience and/or confidence with this ammo?

From the experiments I have done with it is seems impressive and feeds well.

From what I've read RBCD used misleading advertising on the blended metal bulets. " RBCD ammunition is conventional lightweight lead-antimony hunting ammunition, coated in molybdenum disulfide (a "molycoat")." There are accounts of handguns blowing up using their ammo. I don't think I'd use it.They don't show the blended metal ammo on their site anymore. RBCD Performance Plus, Inc. Ammunition

Shooting The Messenger: The Cat Is Out Of The Bag...And RBCD is Running Scared...

Link Removed

RBCD Performance Plus, Inc. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Masterguns / RBCD ammo works for me!!!

Tested in five calibers 380/38sp/357/45/38super.My test 1/2 inch plywood, 10 inches behind that,large watermelon,behind that again at ten inches butcherpaper and single ply cardboard.The 380 at 10yards,
drilled the wood without a problem,made an 3inch opening on contact with the melon and coned down to 0 at 8inches of penatration.recoil and controlability was amazing perhaps stepping down a full caliber as to referance.
I must add no fragmentatiion reached the paper.All other calibers fired at 25yrds same target set up,do the math, 38spl 4-5 inch opening wound chanel to 8 inches of penatration cracking melon in thirds for the inches of
pentration.The 357 & 38super 8&10 inch opening wound channel splitting melon in thirds completely once again
no fragmentation found in paper after 10 inches of penetration.The 357 was a 3inch sp101,the controlability was amazing all five in 5 inch group in da rapid fire,did find three very small pieces of brass frag stuck in paper.
The 45 expolded the melon what can I say. In conclusion all rounds suprized me in the fact limited to 8&10 inches of penetration,the absence of pressure spikes that are found in other ammo of this type or claims.
I would add a word of caution!! I would not use this ammo in any weapon with a unsupported chamber!!!
In my opinion this is very lethal stuff be very sure of your target and gun safety.SemperFi

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back