Range Report....

KimberPB

I took the Kel Tec P3AT and the Sig P225/P6 to the range today. I love the Sig not one issue at all. Every round feed and ejected without any issue. At 25 yards, shooting off hand, I didn't have a problem keeping it inside the 8 inch shoot and see target. The single action trigger pull was light and crisp but I'll have to get use to the 10 pound double action. For $300 I am very pleased with this weapon.

Now the Kel tec was a lot more pleasant to shoot then I had expected. It was still a snappy little thing but very manageable. At 15 and 20 feet, from a low ready, I didn't have any issues keeping all my shots center mass. Now for the down side. I shot Winchester (50 rounds), Blazer (25 rounds), and Hydra shok (20 rounds). All feed and ejected perfect. But Out of the 95 round fired I had 4 that appear to have light firing pin strikes. Has anyone had this problem. It was used when I bought it. So I think I'm going to try and pull the firing pin out, clean, and make sure there's nothing gumming it up. Then try another 100 rounds. If the problem happens again I'll call Kel tec.

Does anyone know how to remove the firing pin?

Thanks for posting Kimber. I respect your opinion so I'm glad you helped me make a decision on the Kel-Tec P3AT. I found a very good deal on one and was trying to decide on whether to pick it up or not.

I'm pretty solid about the idea of carrying the same gun all the time but, I start my new job Monday and my employer encouraged me to carry only VERY quietly. We have shot together several times and he trusts me to do the right thing at the right time. He just doesn't want anyone to know (neither do I) and I just don't know that I can keep my M&P covered with my new job description.

Again, thanks. ;)

Ya I may give them a call. I got the firing pin out but I think its been worked on before. The screw holding the extractor and firing pin was somewhat stripped. It took a little work to get it loose. The Firing pin looks ok. Tip looks ok and its not bent. Well I cleaned everything up guess I'll have to go back to the range! :icon_lol:

Thanks for posting Kimber. I respect your opinion so I'm glad you helped me make a decision on the Kel-Tec P3AT. I found a very good deal on one and was trying to decide on whether to pick it up or not.

I'm pretty solid about the idea of carrying the same gun all the time but, I start my new job Monday and my employer encouraged me to carry only VERY quietly. We have shot together several times and he trusts me to do the right thing at the right time. He just doesn't want anyone to know (neither do I) and I just don't know that I can keep my M&P covered with my new job description.

Again, thanks. ;)

No problem Memphis. I'll update everything again once I correct the problem. Hopefully it'll be something small and easy. I will say my dad has the same gun and after 200 rounds he has not had a single issue.

Update from Kel Tec

Ok I spoke to Kel Tec today and as soon as I described the issue he said he knew exactly what was happening. He said that 90% of the time it was because the shooter did not allow the trigger to completely reset. This causes the hammer to release to soon causing a light strike. This is possible considering I was doing double taps most of the time I was shooting it. I'm going to take it to the range and slow fire another box and see if I have the same issue.

So this may just be a limitation with this model. Does it make me feel good that in a fire fight if I double tap to fast its going to fail to fire....... Not sure yet. I'm going to shoot it a few more time to get use to it then we will see.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back