Range Report - Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro

fdegree

Range Report - Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro

I don’t know if this is important to anyone, but I thought I would share my recent experience with this gun.

Here is a list of what I fired:
200 rounds…Winchester 115 gr. FMJ
50 rounds…American Eagle 124 gr. FMJ
25 rounds…Federal Premium Law Enforcement Hydra-Shok JHP

A total of 275 rounds, not one failure. The gun performed flawlessly. The accuracy of the user, however, is another story…still need LOTS of practice.

Thanks for the post. We have been to the range with my wife's PT-111. I like the weapon. It seemed to shoot low but after reading threads about that we were able to adapt. I picked up the .45 cal version today.

Thanks for the post. We have been to the range with my wife's PT-111. I like the weapon. It seemed to shoot low but after reading threads about that we were able to adapt. I picked up the .45 cal version today.

DItto on our PT140, from what i can gather it shoots low because we tend to tighten our grasp on the short grip

I got my fiancee one. We've also had no problems after the first 50rds. For some reason when the first few mags went dry and the slide locked back and a new mag was put in the slide release didn't release the slide, and it took a couple of quick pulls back on the slide to release it forward. No problems after that happened a couple of times though. Probably just needed a quick break-in. As far as accuracy goes it's not too bad. I have some straight eight Heine tritium sights on my g23 I carry so im used to them, so i didnt have any accuracy issues. My fiancee has gotten pretty good with it after a few range sessions. All-in-all I'd trust my life with it, and hers.

Glad to hear you all had good luck with yours. Wish I could say the same. I bought myself a 745 pro for Christmas, but I didn't get it to the range until March. Out of 50 rounds (20 Winchester FMJ, 5 Winchester silvertips, 25 Remington FMJ) I had 38 rounds that either stove piped or fail to feed completely. I called Taurus, and they said to send it in to them. Still debating if I'm going to send it or trade it off for something else. I bought it for a carry gun, but if I can't depend on it........

I have had a Mil Pro 111 with around 1500 rounds and have only had one problem with a reload. I have used remington, winchester and corbon with no problems. It always shoots where I point it.

What did you guys do to help the low shooting. Mine seems to be a little low, I have just been holding center-of-mass and its not too bad

What did you guys do to help the low shooting. Mine seems to be a little low, I have just been holding center-of-mass and its not too bad

I havent had a problem with shooting low, if anything it shoots slightly high for me. It could just be getting used to how to line the dots up. Pay attention to trigger control too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back