Range bag recommendation

You get what you pay for with the Midway bag. PVC coated nylon ? Sorry, won't touch that, even for $39.99

I don't want any bag, case etc that isn't willing to get tumbled, crumbled, smashed, crashed and doo dashed. PVC colated nylon does not fit that bill.

If it isn't at least a 600 grade Denier ballistic nylon it's not going to hold anything of mine firearms related. Preferably 1000 Denier Ballistic Nylon. Blackhawk, Tactical Tailor, Maxpedition, Eagle Ind etc. The Maratc bag is also a good buy. It's also 1000 Denier Ballistic nylon composite.

My stuff has seen the palets, the rear end of a C-130, the back of Hummers, Jeeps, Toyota trucks, drug through rouph terrain etc, and sometimes not alway's by me.

Yes, I'm a gear snob !!

You get what you pay for with the Midway bag. PVC coated nylon ? Sorry, won't touch that, even for $39.99

I don't want any bag, case etc that isn't willing to get tumbled, crumbled, smashed, crashed and doo dashed. PVC colated nylon does not fit that bill.

If it isn't at least a 600 grade Denier ballistic nylon it's not going to hold anything of mine firearms related. Preferably 1000 Denier Ballistic Nylon. Blackhawk, Tactical Tailor, Maxpedition, Eagle Ind etc. The Maratc bag is also a good buy. It's also 1000 Denier Ballistic nylon composite.

My stuff has seen the palets, the rear end of a C-130, the back of Hummers, Jeeps, Toyota trucks, drug through rouph terrain etc, and sometimes not alway's by me.

Yes, I'm a gear snob !!

If I'm jumping out of an airplane I'll take my Blackhawk Raptor, but for driving across the street to shoot, that Midway bag is the shite.

Yes, I'm a gear snob !!

Midway never said it was Mil-Spec. For range use for us civilians it's a great buy

Back in 1994, I attended LFI 1 in NH at Mas Ayoob's home base. While there, I noticed he had several range bags that were very well made and designed with attention to detail. He told me about Waller&Son and I contacted them. bought their Lg range bag and still use it today. They are bombproof and come in a variety of colors. Mine is bright red and bears little resemblance to most firearm related gear. I don't believe in advertising that it contains weapons, also when at a shooting event or school, many shooter's bags end up piled near one another, and most are black or camo...mine stands out like a beacon. Waller&Son make a veriety of bags in several sizes.

I subsequently attended LFI II and LFI III, as well as courses at Gunsite and Thunder Ranch, and saw quite a few Waller bags over the course of years. We all pretty much agreed that these bags were unbeatable and took plenty of abuse without muss or fuss. Padded straps, YKK double coil zips, adjustable dividers, lots of pockets, and the Lg bag will hold 3-4 handguns plus ammo,eyes and ears, and just about anything else you can come up with.

I use small coolers. Non "threatening" and no one steals picnic coolers. I do not shoot comp. anymore so "range bags" are no longer needed. The coolers compliment my "grey man" approach to living.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back