Range bag recommendation

Norus

I have discovered the need for a range bag but I also have no idea on where to start. There seem to be an overwhelming amount to pick from. So I want to ask those who use ranges to and from the range on what I might need and where I should look.

My need came from transporting more the one firearms, ammo, eye and ear protection as well as knee pads, water and a extra shirt for those long USPSA matches.

Feel free to correct anything that I might have overlooked and or simply missed.

1. Must be big enough to fit at least 3 handguns
2. Must fit at least 300 rounds of ammo
3. Must fit at least three standard bottles of water or one large bottle of 1.59qt
3. Have small compartments for knee pads, T-shirt, Eye & Ear protections
4. Must have shoulder straps for easy carry

What else should I think about? And is there some brands that are better then others?

Thanks for any advice.

I would look at Brownells (brownells.com), Blackhawk, and at NRA Store. There are others but these are no BS quality.

I have discovered the need for a range bag but I also have no idea on where to start. There seem to be an overwhelming amount to pick from. So I want to ask those who use ranges to and from the range on what I might need and where I should look.

My need came from transporting more the one firearms, ammo, eye and ear protection as well as knee pads, water and a extra shirt for those long USPSA matches.

Feel free to correct anything that I might have overlooked and or simply missed.

1. Must be big enough to fit at least 3 handguns
2. Must fit at least 300 rounds of ammo
3. Must fit at least three standard bottles of water or one large bottle of 1.59qt
3. Have small compartments for knee pads, T-shirt, Eye & Ear protections
4. Must have shoulder straps for easy carry

What else should I think about? And is there some brands that are better then others?

Thanks for any advice.

I like to use a luggage bag with wheels. Just tote anywhere you like. All that ammo and weapons get real heavy fast. Pick one up at the goodwill they are cheap as hell. No need to spend a lot. When you are done at the range pack up and wheel back to your vehicle.
Bill

Get the Midway bag....

Link Removed

I've had one for years, and it's terriffic. It goes on sale every month or so for $39.95. It's a duplicate of the 511 bag, except for the Midway logo.

It will handle four handguns, a removable inner carrier, with a bag for brass. I get enough in mine it's a good load to carry very far.

You will not be disappointed in it......

Get the Midway bag....

Link Removed

I've had one for years, and it's terriffic. It goes on sale every month or so for $39.95. It's a duplicate of the 511 bag, except for the Midway logo.

It will handle four handguns, a removable inner carrier, with a bag for brass. I get enough in mine it's a good load to carry very far.

I received my Midway Range Bag in Olive Drab TODAY! Been using a $9 black duffle I got at WMart. The bag is beautiful. I filled it completely when transferring my stuff. Had to pull out (and NOT use) the nice internal divider bag and both gun rug bags, cause I carry a lot of stuff! Still, it has two big internal pockets, so you can put your targets on one side and other stuff on the other. I loaded a Glock 19 with holster and two mags on a belt, Ruger MkII with red dot and 4 mags, 22 mag speed loader, 2 bean bags (lots of bulk there!), 1ooo rnds 22s, rangefinder, folders with new and saved targets, couple pairs of eyes and ears, tape, pens, Maxpedition dump pouch, 100 rnds of 9mm, some tools, etc. I still have most of the external pockets (5 of them) essentially empty. Oh, and the external water bottle holder is empty too.

It is a nice quality bag and good for my indoor range. But if you go to the range a lot or especially to an outdoor range, you might want to follow WoodDoctor's advice and just get a nice roller suitcase. Not as cool, but easy to tote and you can get one as big as you want.

Go to Galls.com and pick up a patrol bag. You don't have to be a LEO to order from them and they have amazing deal on items. I go there first when looking for something like that.

A couple of things;

1) Sounds silly, but be sure that the bag you select will be able to handle the abuse of traveling to and from the range hauling your gear. Ammunition and firearms can get heavy.

2) I recommend to my students to stay away from bags that have firearms logos or any indications that the bag may contain firearms. A couple of friends have found that a nice heavy duty tool bag (Makita, Dewalt, Craftsman, etc) will do the trick. Some states require that firearms be transported in a locked container. If for some strange reason you forget to lock your bag, it's less likely that an officer will ask you "so what do you have in your Dewalt bag?" versus, "what do you have in that Sig bag?"

3) Find a bag that is comfortable to carry. The suggestion of a bag with wheels is great, but keep in mind that some places you go shooting may not have nice paved access to the range. You may have to walk on a muddy trail or up a hill. A well balanced bag with a comfortable shoulder strap is my personal preference.

gf

get the midway bag....

Link Removed

i've had one for years, and it's terriffic. It goes on sale every month or so for $39.95. It's a duplicate of the 511 bag, except for the midway logo.

this

By the way I do love the MidwayUSA range bag. It has room enough for everything. Let me know if anyone wants to see it. I will post a pic.

I have the Midway bag and like it, but lately I've been using one of Link Removed

Link Removed

Carhart makes a really nice toolbag in two different sizes. The small one which I personally use holds about four pistols without large hard cases , two sets of hearing protection , two sets of glasses and 500 or so rnds of ammo , has internal and external pockets for tools mags rags brushes lubes ect. Works well for me. The large one would hold tons more. Both have lockable zippers and have a framed opening and are made of the thick tan car hart canvas-my wife manages a uniform store but anyplace that sells car hart should have or at least be able to order.

Anything from Maxpedition is great quality and worth a look, but don't be surprised at the prices. They are second to none in bags and cases.

Another is Tactical Tailor.

Just received the Midway bag today (ordered it yesterday morning, delivered by 4PM today) based on recommendations here. Wow! What a bag. A little larger than I was expecting. I guess I could pack a lunch with everything else and still have plenty of room. When I ordered, it came up at the $39.99 price, my birthday price special it said (birthday later this week). Can't wait to load it up and go shoot on Saturday morning with my wife. Thanks for the recommendation. We had been looking at Cabela's last weekend and they really didn't have anything near this nice.

I also have one of the Midway bags. A lot of bag for the money. Plenty big and well made.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back