Range Bag Advice

tjdavis1111

I'm looking for suggestions for a range bag.

I usually go to the range with 3 pistols, 150 rounds of ammo and 3 sets of earmuffs and eye protection.

Link Removed 519
Link will not work unless you type in the space and 519

Link Removed 494

I have a Redhead 1856 range bag. I usually go with 2 pistols, 150 rnds ammo for each, and I have mine and my 2 kids' eyes and ears (earmuffs) in there. It was around $80 and I love it.

Link Removed

I own one. I am always impressed by the features and especially the heavy duty quality.
The label doesn't scream gun. I like to be inconspicuous if I can.
I highly recommend!

I have a lockable gun box I got at Wallmart for 20.00 . It holds 4 handguns and ammo for each plus two sets of ear muffs. I also have a first aid kit with Quick Clot patches in it.

I have an old shoe box. Actually a box that boots came in. It holds 8 handguns and 500 rounds of ammo and 2 rolls of paper towels. More if I reinforce it with duct tape.
Just "funnin'" ya Pop.:biggrin:

I use a tool box it only cost about $20. It has a double latch and a tray. Finds a size that you need.

I bought an Ace Case bag a few months ago. It wasn't cheap, about $60 bucks, but you get what you pay for. What a great bag. It comes with 3 pistol rugs, has pockets on the sides for ammo and other hear. It has mag loops inside and an insert that you can pull out, place on a table or bench, and protect a weapon while cleaning. It also,has big pockets on each end for more stuff. Everything seems to be very heavy duty and the stitching is heavy duty. I highly recommend it.

I think I own more gun bags, than a women has bought purses in their life time. I carry more stuff that I hope I will never need (1st aide kit, a ram rod, screw driver Kit). I like best the small NRA bag only holds 2 guns, I carry a 100 rnds per gun. I've started carrying 2 bags 1 stays in the car with spare supplies like extra ear muff, holsters, hand cleaning supplies and towels, shooting timer, wind gauge, gloves .......

You should be able to find a Midway USA bag to fit your needs. I've had mine for several years and it is top quality. Absolutely can't be beat if the one you want is on sale.
Link Removed

I use this camera bag, Velcro compartments to shape what ever you need
Link Removed

Last edited:
The only thing I would recommend adding is some form of "quick-clot" or some form of first aid specifically for a gunshot wound. A first aid kit is great, but IMHO if you get a splinter or a minor cut or anything else you would use a general first aid kit for you should just rub some dirt in it, suck it up, and not be a pansy-a$$. :tongue:

+1 for the midway bag. They make one with a bottom zip open compartment for xtra storage and will fit everything you need. I can't remember the exact name, but it is a midway made bag, & I think I paid 75-80 bucks for it and I am very happy with it. If money isn't an issue then my first choice would be something by tactical Taylor They have outstanding quality stuff, but I am more than pleased w my midway bag. You can't beat it for the money IMO

I had bought a "tactical" range bag on Amazon at a really good price. But it turned out to be far too large and my gear got lost inside it. I found this one on eBay and purchased one:

Link Removed

It proved to be perfect - big enough but not too big. I can carry two 9mm autos, several boxes of ammo, Howard Leight hearing protector, extra mags, staple gun. I love it. The wife liked it so much, we got one for her, too. The dealer is a nice guy to do business with, too.

Only complaint: these bags smell. I put a Bounce sheet in mine and the odor was 80 percent gone within a few days. We've had our bags for about six months and no noticeable smell at all.

So what can I say, my range bag came from Wal-Mart for fathers day last year. As I carry one gun on my hip, two fit in the inside pockets(with gun wraps) and there is sufficient room (IMO) for 4-5 boxes of ammo as well as the eyes\ears for a couple people. Granted I use it mostly when I go shooting alone. When I take the fam (5 boys, the wife and I) the bag only carries the pistols and eyes\ears. Ammo cans do their part.

Howdy,

I got a couple of different gun cases and bags, all have a different propose and I bought them mainly at gun shows.

Usually at a decent size show someone will have a pretty good selection of bags and gear and I just pick out one the fits my needs and purpose.

Paul

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back