Range ammo/Promotional/Clearance

PackingPastor

I just found a great deal on some range ammo, but I'm not sure of it's quality, and I don't want to destroy my new gun. I have a Ruger LC9, and I'm looking for 115 gr. 9mm FMJ for practice. I found this online: Wolf Military Classic Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket (Bi-Metal) Steel Case Berdan Primed Box of 50. Anyone know anything about it? Any range ammo you'd stay away from? What should I look for? What is "promotional" ammo?

I don't use Wolf due to problems I've had with it. The steel case isn't good for the extractors. I blew out an extractor in my AR while using Wolf. Also had rounds stick in the chamber and not extract due to the polymer coating on the casing. Will it happen with a handgun? I don't want to find out.

isn't wolf russian surplus junk? i'm sure it works well enough, but most people seem to say its really dirty (residue in gun after firing).

Haven't used Wolf, but I use steel Tula 9mm in my Ruger P89 all the time. I've probably shot 1500 rounds through it with no problem. Personally I think it's great for the range and you can find it for under $10 a box. I keep it loaded with Winchester JHPs at home.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back