Rain Rain go away.

sdf2000

I am so tired of this rain!! I want to go fishing!:hang3:

Go fishing anyway. That is what my brother-in-law, a buddy of mine, and I did. We've been having rain rain rain here in Texas, and looked like we were going to catch a break starting this weekend. Got up bright and early and headed to the fishing hole, and as the sun came up, it wasn't getting any brighter. So we fished anyway and went with bottom lures. Catfish were bitin' but the bass were being shy. But that changed when the rain finally stopped and the clouds burned off. Wasn't the best day of fishing, but I've had worse.

The rain is softening the soil, so when the wind blows in a storm, my cucumbers catch it like a sail and blow the plants down.

Yeah, I'm tired of it too.

I know we need the rain! But I can still wine about it!!:cray:
As I sit here and type this out, guess what???? IT'S RAINING!!! :sarcastic:

Go fishing anyway. That is what my brother-in-law, a buddy of mine, and I did. We've been having rain rain rain here in Texas, and looked like we were going to catch a break starting this weekend. Got up bright and early and headed to the fishing hole, and as the sun came up, it wasn't getting any brighter. So we fished anyway and went with bottom lures. Catfish were bitin' but the bass were being shy. But that changed when the rain finally stopped and the clouds burned off. Wasn't the best day of fishing, but I've had worse.

Well, this time of year if you go fishing in the rain you are a lightning rod! It pops literally every few seconds and we have had several people a week getting lit up. I'm not sure where you are sdf2000 but that is how it has been here between orlando and Titusville. Winter is about the only time you can fish in the rain here.

Ok, I got out the really big fans. I am blowing our high pressure front that has been giving us our 100+ temps and no rain over your way. It may take about a week, but it is headed your way.

:)

was pretty rainy this summer here in michigan too. still did a bit of fishing but not as much as usual. caught some big perch and they were delicious! caught a monster catfish too at the dam. I actually needed to take a small break cause he made my arm so tired bringing him in.. it was great!:)

Just wait an hour, it will clear up.

For those of you who are not Floridians, I will explain a little about our rain.
1. even though we live in a swamp, we are forever in drout conditions. Your house could be floating down the street and we would still be in a drout (accourding to the S FL Water Management District, as they pump hundreds of thousands of gallons of water into the ocean, and our water levels are man made). So we always "need the rain"

2. We have lightning. Not the little lightning like I have seen in the rest of the country, but cut your car in half strikes every second. Somethimes is feels like the house is being shelled. The rest of the country gets lightning like we get tornados :) (you would call them dust devils)

3. It rains here. Many of you think 2" of rain is a week's, or even a months worth [San Diego considers that a heavy year :)] for us, it is an hours worth. I remember getting 24" in 12 hours one time (3 days later you couldn't tell it had rained, and it only flooded half way up our yard as we were 4' above sea level). Oh yea, and during the summer, it drops 2" every day at 4pm.

4. It rains for an hour. Then the sun comes out and turns the entire state into a steam room.

Florida Rocks!!

Amen Wolfling! I'm born and raised here, my wife has been here for 11 years and still doesn't like the plates, glassed, windows and doors rattling when the lighting starts getting fun!! :yu:

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back