Quotes from famous leaders

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state."

- Thomas Jefferson

a few more....

It is not enough to do what is necessary.sometimes, we must do that which is required.-sir winston churchill

if i need your opinion, i'll beat it out of you.-chuck norris

cannon shot- col. William bartlett travis when ordered by generallissimo santa anna to surrender the alamo

the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants- thomas jefferson

Maybe not a leader, but I just heard this sound byte today and thought "how true it is"

"The theme of this picture is weather man ought to be ruled by God's law, or weather they are to be ruled by the whims of a dictator, like Ramses. Are men the property of the state? Or are they free souls under God? This same battle continues throughout the world today." - Cecil B DeMille addressing the audience of "The Ten Commandments."

It's not what you don't know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that ain't so.

Mark Twain

I have a growing collection of well over 100 quotes. I'd love to post them all, but that might be a little overbearing. So, here are a few of my favorites. (BTW, I haven't even begun to collect Reagan quotes yet which is the only reason there are none in my post. He was so full of them, he will just about double my collection.)

Thomas Jefferson-

It is better to tolerate that rare instance of a parent’s refusing to let his child be educated, than to shock the common feelings by a forcible transportation and education of the infant against the will of his father.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Samuel Adams-

Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.

Ben Franklin-

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed.

James Madison-

What prudent merchant will hazard his fortunes in any new branch of commerce when he knows not that his plans may be rendered unlawful before they can be executed?

Patrick Henry-

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?

George Washington-

It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

Abe Lincoln-

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

War is good when good survives and evil is crushed. If you don't crush evil then evil will get you.
Ted Nugent

There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.
Ted Nugent

The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

quotes

the goverment that govern's best, govern's least!:biggrin:

also this one, not a famous leader but a famous writer. william shakespeare from his henry the v. "whoever does not have the stomach for this fight, let him depart. give him money to speed his departure since we wish not to die in that man's company. whoever lives past today and comes home safely will rouse himself every year on this day, show his neighbor his scars, and tell embellished stories of all their great feats of battle. these stories he will teach his son and from this day until the end of the world we shall be remembered. we few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for whoever has shed his blood with me shall be my brother. and those afraid to go will think themselves lesser men as they hear of how we fought and died togather." this is a passage that i belive our founding father knew only to well, and we rember their effort and sacrafice, and those of all our men and women who have fought for and yes many have made the ultimate sacrifice. i pray those who were fearful to join the military appreciate the freedoms we now enjoy. and rember that freedom is hard fought to get but so easily lost.:cray:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back