Quick Question

As for holsters, do you HAVE to have the pistol in a holster if your going to carry it or can you tuck it away somewhere?

Tuck it away somewhere? As in somewhere on your body? "Mexican Style" (no holster, just tucked between your waistband and belt) is the only way I can think of, and it's about the worst possible carry method. With a holster, you have a secured rig, inherently designed for retension and stability. Even a cheap Uncle Mike's is more preferable, in that it is tuckable, and you can use the clip to keep it secured to your belt. I wouldn't recommend carrying AT ALL without a holster.

The other reason Mexican carry is not advisable is the lack of trigger protection. Inside any holster your trigger is covered. This, of course, prevents it from accidentally getting depressed. I do not think any of us want our trigger getting pulled without our finger intentionally doing it. :D

Ahem.....

The other reason Mexican carry is not advisable is the lack of trigger protection. Inside any holster your trigger is covered. This, of course, prevents it from accidentally getting depressed. I do not think any of us want our trigger getting pulled without our finger intentionally doing it. :D

Especially if it is tucked into my pant waist!

I carry my 1911 cocked and locked and would not consider any other way of doing it. It came with an extended thumb safety that you can rest your thumb on while shooting, so now I've just made it a natural habit to draw/hold the firearm with my thumb on the safety and to click it downward while drawing and/or bringing the pistol up to target. It is second nature to me now.

As for holsters, do you HAVE to have the pistol in a holster if your going to carry it or can you tuck it away somewhere?

Holster seems to give the best protection and is much preferred.

BUT, may I digress, what say you to the clips that go on the gun? :unsure:
I have seem them for the P3AT, revolvers and 1911's.

Seems to me they are not much better than the "Mexican Style" carry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back