Questions that references are asked....

1911_Girl

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows what types of questions your
references that you put on your concealed carry app are asked? Not sure of it is the same nationally but I am in NH. Thanks!

I had one reference of mine tell me about his conversation with the detective who called him. She just asked what he thought of me and what he thought my reason for wanting a handgun was. (In NY a carry permit is required just to buy a handgun).

All my references were called. Wanted to know about my drinking habits, any aggressive behavior, relationship with my wife, drug use and more that I've forgotten about.
They also called my wife and asked her even more. Did she know I was getting a permit? How did she feel about it? Was I ever physically abusive to her?
Then they called me. What was my reason for getting a handgun? How long have I hunted? How do I secure my firearms? Pretty thorough, perhaps excessively so. It took 10 months to get my permit. I live in upstate NY.

All my references were called. Wanted to know about my drinking habits, any aggressive behavior, relationship with my wife, drug use and more that I've forgotten about.
They also called my wife and asked her even more. Did she know I was getting a permit? How did she feel about it? Was I ever physically abusive to her?
Then they called me. What was my reason for getting a handgun? How long have I hunted? How do I secure my firearms? Pretty thorough, perhaps excessively so. It took 10 months to get my permit. I live in upstate NY.
Holy smokes! That wasn't a ref check, it was a proctology exam. Is Monroe county difficult overall?

C'mon, who could hassle someone with a groundhog for an avatar. :biggrin:

I don't know how difficult they are compared to other NYS counties. They don't give carry permits away, that's for sure. I bet a lot of people don't even pursue a CCW here because it's such a hassle.

Thanks everyone! I kind of thought it would be the usual personality type questions. Just wanted prepare them. I am glad I don't live in upstate NY Compadre! Thanks again everyone!!!

I have had permits for quite a long time here in PA. The Sheriff's Dept. in my county is pretty gun friendly.
I don't believe that any of my references have even been called. When I was a reference for a friend in an adjoining county they never called me either.

In Hillsborough Co, NH they will call the references, and ask questions like how's the personality, is the person aggressive, stuff like that. Easy to get through if you supply the right references.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back