Question

AussieRogue

I'm new here on the site and in the USA and I've heard of non resident CCW first of all I'm not a Citizen yet so am I aloud to get a CCW permit. And If I am who would I contact to find out where I could do the CCW course

Thanks in advance

Every state with a CCW requires you to pass ground check and be a U.S. Citizen. You will not have a background to check which is pretty good but, the right to carry a firearm is an American right. You're not American yet so I'm pretty sure that's going to be a "no".

Hope that helps. ;^)

You might want to inquire in the NM forum. Link Removed They should be able to direct you to an instructor in your area.

at least in michigan.. they allow resident aliens to get a permit. and from what I understand a resident alien is not quite yet a citizen.. so depends on what your status is. and what your state requires.

I'm new here on the site and in the USA and I've heard of non resident CCW first of all I'm not a Citizen yet so am I aloud to get a CCW permit. And If I am who would I contact to find out where I could do the CCW course

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum.

A number of states allow permanent resident aliens to get a permit. As others have advised you should check the New Mexico forum for information. Lots of states also issue permits to people who are not residents of the state.

Every state with a CCW requires you to pass ground check and be a U.S. Citizen. You will not have a background to check which is pretty good but, the right to carry a firearm is an American right. You're not American yet so I'm pretty sure that's going to be a "no".

Hope that helps. ;^)

Not all states require U.S. citizenship. Even the ones that don't do require legal residency, however.

Arizona will issue a non-resident CCW which is recognized in New Mexico, to otherwise qualifing citizens and resident (permanent) aliens. You might try there if New Mexico won't do it.

Arizona will issue a non-resident CCW which is recognized in New Mexico, to otherwise qualifing citizens and resident (permanent) aliens. You might try there if New Mexico won't do it.

Don't forget that New Mexico also allows unlicensed open carry, for both residents and nonresidents. So, even if you have a hard time getting a permit, as long as you don't have any felonies, you can exercise your RKBA, even in a vehicle, which NM law views as an extension of your home.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back