question regarding a shotgun

styxtx

Hello,

I recently aquired a brand new out of the box Mossberg Maverick,Model 88 12 GA. 8 shot shotgun. I was test firing it at a range using 2 3/4 birdshot. The loading tube holds 7 + 1 in the chamber. I inserted it and fired 8 shots, all was well until after I fired the 8th shot, I tried to rack it back but the chamber wouldnt eject the shell no matter what I did, the Mossberg has a safety button built into it, so you can rack the shot gun as you press it up, I was holding on the button but it still wouldnt move, finally I pushed in the button as hard as I could and success, the chamber ejected the spent shell! Not encouraging for a first time use. Although, better it jammed on the last shell then in the middle of firing.

Anyway my question is, Would it need some oil to help it work better and not have that happen over again, do I need to take apart the gun and remove or fiddle with the safety button? Anyone have any experience with this type of shotgun?

Please let me know. Thanks.

I am assuming this is a brand new gun...

Hello,

I recently aquired a brand new out of the box Mossberg Maverick,Model 88 12 GA. 8 shot shotgun. I was test firing it at a range using 2 3/4 birdshot. The loading tube holds 7 + 1 in the chamber. I inserted it and fired 8 shots, all was well until after I fired the 8th shot, I tried to rack it back but the chamber wouldnt eject the shell no matter what I did, the Mossberg has a safety button built into it, so you can rack the shot gun as you press it up, I was holding on the button but it still wouldnt move, finally I pushed in the button as hard as I could and success, the chamber ejected the spent shell! Not encouraging for a first time use. Although, better it jammed on the last shell then in the middle of firing.

Anyway my question is, Would it need some oil to help it work better and not have that happen over again, do I need to take apart the gun and remove or fiddle with the safety button? Anyone have any experience with this type of shotgun?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Send it to the MFG for repair...get the warranty stuff done cause somethin' ain't right.

You don't need it to fail when you need it most.

Right, get the registration done. Before shipping your shotgun, call or email Mossberg. They'll be able to tell you if stripping, cleaning, or lubing will fix your failure to eject the last round.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back