Question on non -resident CCP out of Centre county :

lonewolf5347

I like to ask why is the Sheriff Denny Nau in Centre County the only dept that will issue a non resident
CCP .
Sheriff Bueki in Pike County. He's VP of the PA Sheriff's Association and although he didn't say what Centre County was doing was illegal, he certainly implied it.
Sheriff Randall Miller in Northampton Co. Basically, he told me. that what Sheriff Denny Nau in Centre County was issuing wouldn't hold up in court
I did read this posted on another forum can any one clarified it:

I like to ask why is the Sheriff Denny Nau in Centre County the only dept that will issue a non resident
CCP .
Sheriff Bueki in Pike County. He's VP of the PA Sheriff's Association and although he didn't say what Centre County was doing was illegal, he certainly implied it.
Sheriff Randall Miller in Northampton Co. Basically, he told me. that what Sheriff Denny Nau in Centre County was issuing wouldn't hold up in court
I did read this posted on another forum can any one clarified it:

Is there a question in there somewhere?

The question that comes to mind why other county like Wayne will not issue non resident permits

I guess you would have to ask. There are statutory reasons for denial, not being a resident of PA is not one of them, so a Sheriff who refuses to accept or process and application, or who refuses to issue based on residency, is operating outside the law.

I have also talked to folks who received their non-res licenses from York and Lancaster counties. As a resident I am required to apply in my county of residence. A non-resident can apply in any county. You can fight it, or find one the does it.

When I got my PA non res I tried Lehigh first because that's where I lived before moving to SC and the county where my family is located. The wouldn't issue non res, neither would Northampton. Both Sheriff depts referred me to Berks at the Reading Airport satellite office. Seriously, it took me ten minutes to go through the process there and I left with my PA permit in hand. The folks there are great and very gun friendly. Some LEOs are jerks and have their own agendas, just like the rest of society.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back