Question on Concealed Carry

Fuzzymi

My wife is going soon to get her concealed carry permit, do I need to transfer one of my gun to her for her to legally carry?

I assume that I will need to either have her purchase a gun for herself or do a legal transfer of one of my pistols that she wants to carry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What state do you live in? That question isn't even an issue in my state.

Why not ask the instructor who conducts the concealed carry class?

She might want to buy her own gun anyway if none of your guns suit her.

What state do you live in? That question isn't even an issue in my state.

Why not ask the instructor who conducts the concealed carry class?

She might want to buy her own gun anyway if none of your guns suit her.

The worst advise you can get on guns comes from either the police, the gun range employees and instructors, or a lawyer.
There is a link on this site that is for hand gun laws across the country.

Do not rely on others for this kind of information! Look it up in your own state laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I live in Michigan and I have had her purchase her own firearm. So I guess the point is moot. I will check the Michigan Laws, but don't remember that information being there the last time I read over them. It has been a while though so a refresher would be good.

Thank you!

Once she has her CPL, it's ok for her to carry ANY registered pistol. Yours, hers, mine. Doesn't matter. Without a CPL she could ONLY open carry a pistol registered to HER.

missoak is correct, with a CPL you can carry any pistol registered in Michigan. This is covered by MCL 28.432 as "inapplicability" of MCL 28.422

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back