Question for military folks

The U.S. has bases all around the globe.

The U.S. is technologically superior, spy sats in orbit, NSA, etc.

Aside from invading other little countries (we don’t have presence in China or Russia) to support the corporatists, oil, gas, forceful regime change, etc..

Please tell me:

How on EARTH are you protecting and defending my freedom [Bill of Rights] here at home?

I have no more 1st Amendment, when I am constantly hounded and required to obtain a permit on public space.

I have no more 4th Amendment, with TSA, NSA, Stop and Frisk, next up is National Biometric ID which will include Religious, Political, number of gun(s), retina, fingerprints, my most private personal data, etc.

I have no more 2nd Amendment, when required to purchase permission permits from strangers I don’t even know, bump stocks banned, models, makes, etc., and now threats to repeal the 2ndA.

And the list goes on.

So I ask again, as Halliburton, Boeing, Lockheed, elected officials, etc. etc....make their enormous profits and deals behind closed doors with govt bureaucrats who line their own pockets on MY stinking dime...

How on EARTH are you protecting and defending my freedom [Bill of Rights] here at home???

Btw, to let you know...

My family, army and air force, family members mutilated, legs hacked off, died.

Friends who served overseas, who made it back alive, can’t sleep peacefully at night, but routinely attend our political meetings, sharing stories that if they knew before what they learned over there, they never would have joined, knowing that it has nothing to do with protecting our Constitution and Bill of Rights or freedoms here at home. It is now known that it is for enormous financial gain for the military industrial complex. You know, to make them rich.

I await your responses.

Btw, to let you know...

Friends who served overseas, who made it back alive, can’t sleep peacefully at night, but routinely attend our political meetings, sharing stories that if they knew before what they learned over there, they never would have joined, knowing that it has nothing to do with protecting our Constitution and Bill of Rights or freedoms here at home. It is now known that it is for enormous financial gain for the military industrial complex. You know, to make them rich.

I await your responses.
So, is this the point where you're expecting Americans that raised their right hands to swear that they would defend their country against all enemies foreign and domestic to explain why they were the strong, swift sword for industrialists that got wealthy off their political partners purely malevolent and greedy ambitions at the expense of said service members life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness in many cases? We all volunteered, I get it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

So, is this the point where you're expecting Americans that raised their right hands to swear that they would defend their country against all enemies foreign and domestic to explain why they were the strong, swift sword for industrialists that got wealthy off their political partners purely malevolent and greedy ambitions at the expense of said service members life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness in many cases? We all volunteered, I get it.

I was forward, I know.

The questions pop into my head now and then as I see billboards and recruitment commercials trying to sucker more of our youth into joining up.

“It’s an Adventure!”

Too many parents become devastated, yet never learn the truth and still proud to serve the puppet-masters.

I wonder how many actually have [served], and then forewarn their offspring and others when they want to volunteer and join. Figuring enough time has passed between these wars of aggression that the military sign-ups would be at an all time low.

When does it stop?

I was forward, I know.

The questions pop into my head now and then as I see billboards and recruitment commercials trying to sucker more of our youth into joining up. Too many parents become devastated, yet never learn the truth and still proud to serve the puppet-masters.

I wonder how many have actually have [served], and then forewarn their offspring and others when they want to volunteer and join. Figuring enough time has passed between these wars of aggression that the military sign-ups would be at an all time low.

When does it stop?
It never stops. As I've said on this forum before, most of your recruits are adults when they join but barely, and the military is made up of mostly poor and middle class kids of all colors and backgrounds that join for a variety of reasons with opportunity being one of them. The country's military is comprised of mostly socio- economically disadvantaged young people and they're not exactly at the best time of their life to make weighty decisions but they're adults so they make them and live with them. We all are accountable to ourselves.

No one told me when I signed up, to be on submarines initially, that my personal living space would be less than that afforded to federal prisoners. It is a submarine after all though[emoji6]. I had a job to do and I did it as I did in many other assignments forward deployed or otherwise. I don't provide advice to the adults in my life unless it's asked for and I don't try to dissuade or encourage them to pursuit a career in the military. If they were to ask me though, I'd say it's not for everybody and it's not my place to advise them one way or the other. They have to live with their decisions.

Blues was in the service for a period of time and it wasn't for him and it was for me. Two different paths and not dissimilar end results from all I know about him on a forum board. I have a lot to be grateful for and some regrets but such is life and I never have and never will meet better people than most that I know from that period in my life. I am better for having known them.

From a critical thinking standpoint, I think you're focused on the symptoms and not the root cause. The military might be the pointy tip of the spear but it's no different than any tool used to achieve an outcome. Someone is employing or using the tool much like a gun in the hands of a psychopath or one in the hands of an American that just wants to defend themselves. The reason the military is not the Peace Corps is because it's not the Peace Corps but the reason it's been used to leverage goals built on greed is because the tool is being wielded by the malevolent.

I don't know your motivation for asking your OP questions but hope you find the answer because I definitely don't have it. I think it's like asking a guy that bought a car because he loves driving why he's stuck in traffic. He knows why he went in to buy the car originally but he's less than happy with the journey after he gets caught up in the reality.

Aside from invading other little countries (we don’t have presence in China or Russia) to support the corporatists, oil, gas, forceful regime change, etc..

Please tell me:

How on EARTH are you protecting and defending my freedom [Bill of Rights] here at home?

I have no more 1st Amendment, when I am constantly hounded and required to obtain a permit on public space.

I have no more 4th Amendment, with TSA, NSA, Stop and Frisk, next up is National Biometric ID which will include Religious, Political, number of gun(s), retina, fingerprints, my most private personal data, etc.

I have no more 2nd Amendment, when required to purchase permission permits from strangers I don’t even know, bump stocks banned, models, makes, etc., and now threats to repeal the 2ndA.

And the list goes on.

So I ask again, as Halliburton, Boeing, Lockheed, elected officials, etc. etc....make their enormous profits and deals behind closed doors with govt bureaucrats who line their own pockets on MY stinking dime...

How on EARTH are you protecting and defending my freedom [Bill of Rights] here at home???
I'll give you one fuggin date. SEPTEMBER 11TH 2001!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

So are you suggesting that we tell young people not to join the military, and we simply disband our armed forces?

Btw, to let you know...

I await your responses.

I did my overseas war time duty, saw a lot of blood and gore, and have had no problem sleeping at night. Maybe your friends should look for other causes for their insomnia.
Most who have served during war time do quite well after returning.

Please tell me:

And the list goes on.

I entered the service in the early 50s while the Korean War was being waged. WE, the US were at war only five years from WWII. We still had national pride and were in pacts with other countries to assist each other during future conflicts. The conflicts have continued to happen and we have been at war for years here and there. It isn't the fault of military personnel that wars continue. The job of the military does not include politics. We were all in as part of our nation's defense. We all swore an oath to support and defend the US against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. Having sworn that oath, we will not dishonor it or ourselves by disobeying it. As difficult as it is to accept, it seems our enemies of late are as much domestic as foreign but that is nothing the military can control. Don't forget a statement once made by Henry Kissinger, "“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” Sadly, that is how we were, and still are used.

The main thing that our service has done is to defend our homeland as well as to fight those who want to destroy us. Believe me, there is nothing that service members hate as much as war but we stood (and stand) as a deterrent to aggression from other countries. Our country is being over run now with illegal immigrants and terrorists and it is the government that is refusing to control that incursion. The government is also the entity that is depriving you, as well of us, of our rights. Don't blame us for the loss, blame the elected officials and those of the "Deep State" who are destroying us. However, even as bad as things are getting daily, without the military, things would be a hell of a lot worse.

U.S. Imports comprise roughly 15% of the U.S. $20.2 Trillion annual GDP. That comes to $$3.03 Trillion.

U.S. Exports comprise roughly 12% of the U.S. $20.2 Trillion annual GDP. That comes to $2.424 Trillion.

Together, imports and exports make up $5.5 Trillion.

Our oath isn't to support only the Bill of Rights (first ten amendments to the Constitution), but to support the entire Constitution i.e. to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" includes protecting U.S. economics interests overseas, as those interests directly and indirectly affect the lives and livelihood of Americans not only around the world, but also right here back home on good, old, USA EARTH (soil).

That's how.

Moreover, when evil power is allowed to grow, it usually grows to the point where it starts feeling its oats and become more than a thorn in our side, such as when Germany attacked and began conquering our European trading partners. Because of his evil nature, Assad is getting too big for his britches.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back