Question - CPL denied in Michigan - Please help

billhannum

I applied for a CPL but have on my record ATTEMPTED MCL750-237 - attempted possessing a weapon while impaired - six years ago. When I checked requirements for a CPL it only referred to the violation itself but not "attempted." The NRA instructor said I would be OK. Eaton County sent me a note saying I was denied. When I sent an appeal, they wrote back asking for $150.00 more to review it. Am I out of luck? Thanks!!

Thanks for your replies! FYI - I heard back from the Michigan State Police. They said a conviction for "attempted" is the same as a violation for the offense itself.

I applied for a CPL but have on my record ATTEMPTED MCL750-237 - attempted possessing a weapon while impaired - six years ago. When I checked requirements for a CPL it only referred to the violation itself but not "attempted." The NRA instructor said I would be OK. Eaton County sent me a note saying I was denied. When I sent an appeal, they wrote back asking for $150.00 more to review it. Am I out of luck? Thanks!!

I don't know the details of your situation but you might try establishing residency in Indiana or Ohio and get a resident permit. It will be honored in Michigan.

Being employed in Ohio can get you the Ohio resident permit as well, even if you are not an Ohio resident. I don't know about Indiana.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back