Question about my new Glock 19

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
Hi all,

I just added a brand new Glock 19 to my collection and noticed that the markings on it are different from any other Glock I have ever seen. Here is a pic of my new toy;

Glock19007.jpg

Most Glocks have these markings like here on my G23;

Glocks.jpg

However, on this new G19, it looks like this;

Glocks003.jpg

and

Glocks005.jpg

Does anyone know what these markings mean??? Why is it different and why not Symryna, GA? ANd what is with the eagle and the shield with the numeral 2 in the center?

Found this through google....Doesn't explain your G19 but it explains the NPv marking.

From 1982 to 1991 G17s were assembled & test fired in Austria. (Later pistols were assembled and test fired at Glock Inc. in Smyrna, GA.) These early production pistols are marked with an eagle and "NPv". The markings are proof marks and inspectors marks as required on Austrian pistols.

The NPv mark means "Nitro Powder proofed". To get this proofmark, a Gun in Austria has to be proofed with 130% loads.

Here's the website... Link Removed

From what I can gather, all it means is that your gun was assembled and test fired in Austria, not Smyrna, GA like most of them. I think that's a good thing seeing as how Austrian standards state that the gun must be tested and passed at 30%+ normal load.

The eagle is actually the Austrian coat of arms and is used as a proof mark. This mark with a 2 in the center means that it was proofed at the firing proof house in Vienna.

Looks like the above applies to early production G19's. There should be three letters in the serial number that are the date code. My G30 is LWT which means it is a G30SF, test fired February 2008, 3rd Gen. with Trijicon night sights. This is a complete list of date codes...

Link Removed

The first letter is for the month:
E...Jan
L...Feb
N...Mar
B...Apr
S...May
Z...Jun
G...Jul
P...Aug
I...Sep
C...Oct
V...Nov
A...Dec

The last two letters are for the year:
O...0
W...1
K...2
R...3
F...4
M...5
H...6
Y...7
T...8
D...9

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the info... I bought it brand new from a dealer in Trussville, AL. It was the only one he had and he said they had just gotten it. In fact, I had been to many other Birmingham area gun stores and they were all sold out of the GLock 19. I have been trying to get one for months! Finally... $499 and a new Glock 19! Anyway, many thanks for the info rrc1962!

Did you date the serial number? When was it built? I don't think it really matters as long as it was new. I saw a G19 at the gun store yesterday for $579. Thinking about one for the wife. I'd say you got a good deal.

KUW - G-19 - Test fired February 2009. The gun was assembled and tested in Austria less than a month ago. Due to the recent supply issues, it was probably imported directly from Austria rather than assembled and tested in GA and sent though typical US distribution. The date code table didn't make any sense for my G30 either. I got the info from my master serial number list. I keep the list in a text file. It came from one of the links I posted above. I'll attach the text file. I use it when I go gun shopping so I can date the gun. I believe you can even tell if it's been replaced under warranty by the serial number.

Can't upload the text file. If you shoot me an email I'll send it that way.

These are Austrian proof marks. They can be found on most Glocks around the world except for the ones that are imported and test fired in Smyrna, GA. You got a good deal on this one!

These are Austrian proof marks. They can be found on most Glocks around the world except for the ones that are imported and test fired in Smyrna, GA. You got a good deal on this one!

Thanks Germanicus and rrc1962!! I knew somebody would know something about them:biggrin: Yeah I feel like I got a pretty good deal at $499. Out the door price was $548.... not too bad seeing how all the ones I have seen on Gunsamerica.com are selling for $529 or higher. Actually if you can find one on gunsamerica.com for $529, that is the low end and I would consider getting it. That is if you are in the market for a G19. I have seen them going for $579 and on up over $600. The retailers in my area are out of the Glock 19 and can't keep them in stock. Apparently people are aware of this which would explain some of the markup.

There seems to be a high demand for Glocks and other guns since early November for some reason. Austria has sent some G19's over to sell while the demand is high. The G19 is the only model that I have heard of that has been sent over but others will most likely follow.

The G19 we bought yesterday has the same Austrian markings.

Does it have AOH stamped on the hood of the barrell? Like this;

G19AustrianMarks04.jpg

Somebody on GLocktalk told me that it meant that it was test fired in Dec. 06'. I have my doubts it. I tend to believe what you told me regarding the first three letters in the serial number.

Mine says LOT9x19 which would equal Feb/08 based on the table I posted earlier. AOH would equal Dec/06. that's probably where he got the Dec/06 date. I'm not sure I trust that as a gun manufacture date. Maybe a barrel manufacture date. I've also learned that these codes may only apply to pre-96 guns, which account for the fact that the codes don't make much sense when it comes to our serial numbers. From everything I've been able to gather, the code in the serial number is the date of manufacture/final assembly and testing. My G19 is not even on my SN list. I'll call Glock and get the skinny on it.

With the shortage of G19's ...and most Glock models, it doesn't make sense that your gun would have been sitting on a shelf in Austria since '06 and just shipped to the US now. It's far more likely that it was sitting on a dealers shelf less than a month after manufacture.

I would say at this point that the barrel code is the manufacture date of the barrel and the code in the serial number is the manufacture/final assembly/testing of the gun.

Mine says LOT9x19 which would equal Feb/08 based on the table I posted earlier. AOH would equal Dec/06. that's probably where he got the Dec/06 date. I'm not sure I trust that as a gun manufacture date. Maybe a barrel manufacture date. I've also learned that these codes may only apply to pre-96 guns, which account for the fact that the codes don't make much sense when it comes to our serial numbers. From everything I've been able to gather, the code in the serial number is the date of manufacture/final assembly and testing. My G19 is not even on my SN list. I'll call Glock and get the skinny on it.

With the shortage of G19's ...and most Glock models, it doesn't make sense that your gun would have been sitting on a shelf in Austria since '06 and just shipped to the US now. It's far more likely that it was sitting on a dealers shelf less than a month after manufacture.

I would say at this point that the barrel code is the manufacture date of the barrel and the code in the serial number is the manufacture/final assembly/testing of the gun.

That makes sense... Again many thanks for the info! I am learning a lot:biggrin:

Still have not received it

Ordered my glock 19 last FEB 10th 2009. Full payment... nothing yet...:wacko:

Last edited:
We actually just sold the one we just recently bought because two guard companies she interviewed with only allow revolvers. It has something to do with their general liability insurance. I ran into the same thing with our GL. To get the best rate, there are some guns that they won't allow us to use. My Glock 30 was one because of it's short barrel. Of course every insurance company has their own opinions and different rates.

We actually just sold the one we just recently bought because two guard companies she interviewed with only allow revolvers. It has something to do with their general liability insurance. I ran into the same thing with our GL. To get the best rate, there are some guns that they won't allow us to use. My Glock 30 was one because of it's short barrel. Of course every insurance company has their own opinions and different rates.

Hard to believe that they have a problem with a semi-auto that has a barrel length just under 4". I would think that they don't want guards carrying revolvers with a 2" barrel? :confused: What really surprises me is that the guard company (as well as the insurance company) allows the guards to use their personal firearms. A number of factors come into question like Was there any work done to the trigger? Does the barrel meet factory specifications? Was the gun properly maintained? How does the company know that there wasn't any "unauthorized" or "out of spec" ammo fired through the gun?, etc....

I wouldn't want to work for uniformed security company that required me to provide my own primary duty side arm. I can understand supplemental or "BUG" firearms, but the primary should be issued by the company.

JMHO

gf

Most of the local based companies do not provide a firearm. National companies like Wackenhut provide the firearm...a 4" 38 special revolver. From what I understand it is mostly mandated by the insurance company and each one is slightly different. There are two local companies I know of that will let you use an auto as long as you've had advanced training with that gun.

Those are all very good points on the firearm issue thing. I would tend to agree. I think that's one reason why the more reputable ones want to carrying a good quality revolver. (1) They are less to have issues in the field and (2) there are lots of people out there new to the security business AND new to guns who wouldn't know what to do if an auto jammed.

I may not sell my G30 just because it's my primary carry gun, but I probably will sell the G21. Just can't afford to collect guns that won't be put to use. Besides, I shot a Sig P220 and now I want one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back