PT night sights

burchesss

On Dec 5th I orderd a set of night sights for my Ruger P345. after a bunch of phone calls (" we cannot ship untill paid for" even though we had already recived a creadit card bill stating they had the money.) They finally showed up yesterday. I was not impressed with the finish, (you can see tool marks from the machining). But nothing to get upset over, untill I compared them to the sights on the gun the front sight dovetail is about 1/8th inch to small. Also the rear sight was so dim it took several seconds for my eys to adjust to even see it. I have sent a E mail to the company and requested a replacment to be shipped next day, or a full refund. I will post the results, but be forwarned! has anyone else done business with this company? If they dont make it right I will tell the online gun comunity about their service that should be good for business. They say they will issue a refund when the defective sight is received, I was not willing to wait as they were not willing to make new parts until they received the old ones and I had seen how long that took the first time. Any company will make mistakes but sometimes they add up too fast.

Last edited:
Well I still have not seen the return label they suposedly mailed Jan 30th we called several times ,they offerd to fax it to us. now it has been two full busness days and no fax! I am sure others have had beter luck, but I will never buy anything from them again. If we ever get it sent back I can only imagine how long it may take to get a refund.

By the way PT says on their web sithe that hthey have the only tritium sight for the P345 but Ruger and Meprolight now sell them also.

I have had good luck with PT. The only problems I encountered was when I tried to get a set for my S&W model 60. They told me they had them. I ordered and received them about 4 days later. Tried to install them and they would not fit. Called them back. After discussion it was determined they do not make sights for the J frame S&W. Sent them back by first Class mail (about $.65). Credit was added back to my card about a week after I sent them. Sights previously purchased for other guns have been fine. Right now I'm waiting for them to get stock on sights for Taurus Millennium. They are the only company that makes them. They are still back ordered and I was told due to a large Government contract and numerous pre paid orders, it will be at least the middle to the end of March before they are in stock. I have also used Meprolight and have had good luck also. Had a front sight on my USP go out just before Christmas. Sent it to Kimber as they own Meprolight now. Had the replacement back 14 days to the date after dropping it in the mail (No charge warranty). Just had to put my original non-lit front sight back on until the replacement arrived. All in all I can't complain about PT or Meprolight. Just remembered, I had a set of Ameriglo's on a Sig 220 and a Glock 26. No complaints about those either. I will say one set of PT's I had on a Glock 19 was the bar-dot rear and the bar was so small I could barely see it. Wasn't the fault of the design, just wrong for my 55 year old eyes at the time. The person who bought the gun said he really liked them. My advise is if you buy the bar type rear sight from PT, make sure you have good young eyesight.

Last edited:
I know PT cant allways be this bad, but it took two months to get the defective parts and almost another month and they still have done nothing to make it right. sorry to hear they are the only ones who wake the taurus mill sights that gun will probobly be our next purchace and I had planed on ordering a set if I was happy with these but after this I willnot try that

Right now I'm waiting for them to get stock on sights for Taurus Millennium. They are the only company that makes them. They are still back ordered and I was told due to a large Government contract and numerous pre paid orders, it will be at least the middle to the end of March before they are in stock.

If you want Taurus Millennium dovetail sights Novak makes them. Sights for the 24/7 are the same dovetail.
GENUINE NOVAK SIGHTS
Older Millenniums use screw on ones that are available HERE.

If you want Taurus Millennium dovetail sights Novak makes them. Sights for the 24/7 are the same dovetail.
GENUINE NOVAK SIGHTS
Older Millenniums use screw on ones that are available HERE.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll call them tomorrow. Only thing I see different is price Novak $150.00, PT $90.00, but you probably get what you pay for.

PT night sights sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I order my sights about a months and a half ago and sent my slide to have the sights installed and i keep trying to get in contact with someone to check on the status of my order but i have absolutely no luck! PT NIGHT SIGHTS has the WORST customer service i have experienced in a long time!!!!!!!!! If i could do over i would not choose this company!

MMC blows

i ordered a set of night sights for another XD. Thought i would try PT sights. What a mistake. I paid using a card and sent my slide to them, after installing a set on my first XD I considered the 15 bucks installtion fee a deal. finally get the slide back, the front sight is dead, no glow. they say send it back they will fix it. This is when i find out they do not insure any part of the transaction. Don't know about everyone else but i lose my slide i've pretty much lost my weapon. so i suggest i send them their sights and they refund the purchase price, keep the installation fee. Robert responds, no way can they do that. maybe some partial refund to be determined since the sights are now used. this is going no where so i file protest with card company. they say to bad, MMC OFFERED TO FIX THEM . i explained about no insurance coverage and they did,nt care. another call to Vegas, now Robert says if i don't drop the protest they will add additional charges on my card and the card company says they can since I gave them my number. Guess what, my card was lost somehow immediately. I took the sorry sights off and returned them insured and with received reciept requested. Also, they used some sort of glue on the rear sight that pulled part of the factory finish off when the rear sight was drifted out. Fork me, i'm done. they have their crappy sights and my money. In my opinion you would have a hard time doing business with a worst group. I LOVE MY TRIJICONS, please forgive my transgression.

update

orderd dec 5 08 may 23 09 still no refund! We did finnaly get in touch with someone who clamed she had been on leave for a year, and we were not the only ones... hopfuly she will resolve the issue as promiced

I decided to do the Truglo Fiber optic Tritium sights for my Springfield XD. Several guys said it was a great sight if your eyes were getting a bit old.

Gilbert's Guns in Frankfort KY is running a special package deal on the sights, labor to install and return shipping it was $110.45 out the door. I shipped the slide express mail, they signed for the box at 2:30 p.m. and I got a call around 4:45 p.m. the same day and they told me my sights had been installed and would be in the mail back to me in the morning.

I love them, very fast to acquire the front sight in daylight or the dark.

well, i decided to try XS sights. they have a set called BIG DOTS! and let me confirm that front sight is a big dot. thay are loaded with tritium by trijicon and i have to say i love them. i have my own range so i get to shoot all the time. with that big ol' front dot i can see it so well with these old bifocal wearing eyes, i'm banging 12 inch plates at 50 meters with my XD40. PT sights still suck!

Agree - PT Night Sights is the WORST...

I thought maybe mine was an isolated incident, but after doing some research, they have a lousy reputation.

I called to check up on my order because I didn't get my sights afterthree weeks, and could only get their voicemail. I left four messages, and not a single one was returned. After repeated calls, I finally spoke to Kenny who apparently works in Support. I was polite and courteous and got treated like I was trying to rob them.

When I finally got my sights, what a disappointment. In absolute dark, I could barely see them. On top of that, the finish of the sights had wear.

Their website is a joke too. They say their sights have been reviewed by just about every industry publication, but they don't link to a single review. I'm guessing they got torched in every review, because their sights suck.

If you want to waste your money on poorly finished night sights that are so dim you can barely see them and get treated like you're stealing money, then go with PT Night Sights.

:mad:

coltrules, sorry to hear you too fell for their marketing. mine arrived in the same condition. i returned them to them even after they told me that at best i would be due only a partial refund since now they were used sights. i told them fine, keep my money, anybody that sells their soul for a hundred bucks is doomed. on the good side of this experience is now telemarketers seem so honest and delightful.

i bought a set of XS big dots. love them for my old bifocal wearing eyes. in fact i have bought a second set for a 1911.

Me again

so now MMC & PT NIGHT SIGHTS has had my slide to my ruger p345 for over 5 months!! I called a bunch of times, only got through a couple times, when i spoke to thier rep she told me my slide was done and would be shipped out the follwing week, so i waited and nothing so called back and was told the slide was not ready but will be finished and shipped out asap, so i wait again and again nothing, So after a few months of giving me the run around I finally get mad and demand to talk to a supervisor or gunsmith.... male rep tells me hes the only one there... so i tell him i dont care if the sights are installed or not i just want my slide back and i treaten to come down there in person to settle this... yesterday he tells me they will be shipping my slide to me, so i ask for a tracking number and he replies fedex hasn't came yet so they wont have a tracking number until tomorow so i called today, ask for the tracking number and he says the shipping info hasn't been updated yet and that the woman in charge of shipping is comming in latter today and will give me a call or e-mail with tracking number.... I doubt i will recieve a call or e-mail and that my slide is even being shipped to me but we will see! All I know is this is the worst service i have ever had and will never purchase anything from MMC and PT NIGHT SIGHTS again!!!!!!!!!!! Ill update when and if i get my slide back:mad:

well it has been almost a year and still no usable sights and no refund as promiced, let the buyer beware! if the call custermer suport and get Robert hang up nothing he has said has been true

Not my fault.

well it has been almost a year and still no usable sights and no refund as promiced, let the buyer beware! if the call custermer suport and get Robert hang up nothing he has said has been true

Use spell check Mr. Burch

Well EXCUSE ME Mr. Larry Burch!!!!

What none of you folks realize was that this place of business was being run by only 3 people, Mr Wilson who filled orders , and His wife JULIE WILSON who handled all things regarding money and paper work, and me who was only in charge of answering phones and processing in orders and shipping them back out when Mr. Wilson was done with them. I was only doing what I was told. My job descriptions was to only answer phones and ship out orders when ready. I had no part in putting together sights and giving out refunds and anything else that is in between. I only processed the orders in and shipped them out again !!! They are very shady business people, it took me forever to even get my tax information for the year of 2009. They are out of business becuase they could not manage their money and the way they had me treat customers was horrible. When I first started working their it was in shambles orders not done, refunds not being given to customers. It got to the point to where Mrs. Wilson actually told me to use another voice and tell the customer to call back. Again I was only doing what I was told, if you don't like it then you pay my bills because I would of quit a long time ago and not waste my energy on this worthless company. The woman that said that she was on leave for a year, she actually was and the left again and then they hired this random kid also. I left as soon as the woman that was on leave came back, because I could not take the shady practices. I remember alot of the customers and I will not aplogize for my actions. Again it was out of my hands as soon as I gave the orders and slides to Mr. Wilson. Last I heard from them was that they lost the business and were moving back to Texas.

If you are Robert I apoligize but you should have said it was out of your hands on the phone rather than give us the run arround and I have no idea who Larry Burch is by the way.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back