Proud to take part in USA Carry

airwillie01

This post is from a guy who didn't even own a gun 4 months ago!

My wife and I live out in a country area, no city PD coverage at all. The county sheriff is what we rely on for protection. Not long ago we discovered that this is not an adequate position to take.

While I was gone away to a meeting, my wife was home alone. A group of young people came on to our property and ran around making a disturbance including getting up on the roof. My wife, more than a little scared called 911. It took 35 minutes to get a deputy on scene!

Needless to say I was horrified as I considered what might have been. . .

Long story short I went out and purchased a firearm (which we had been considering for a while.). I also took a concealed carry class and am awaiting the arrival of the permit.

We hooked up with our local indoor shooting range and have been receiving instruction from NRA trainers. The wife is fully on board and is about to purchase her own semi auto hand gun.

It's like Phil says, "At my house I am 911."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using USA Carry mobile app

Congratulations on your decision. I live on a 240 acre farm and have a similar situation with any type of police protection. There is only one deputy on patrol to cover 500 square miles; and they're far better at giving traffic citations than protecting. The only problem I've ever had was trespassing and I was told by the dispatcher to take care of it myself. Fortunately, I have good neighbors, but the closest is about a mile.

Your decision to buy a gun and get training was the correct one. Your protection, as well as those who live in a city, is your responsibility and always has been. The only real responsibility the police have is to clean up the mess after the fact. And catching the BG isn't one that rural sheriffs are very good at either.

This post is from a guy who didn't even own a gun 4 months ago!

My wife and I live out in a country area, no city PD coverage at all. The county sheriff is what we rely on for protection. Not long ago we discovered that this is not an adequate position to take.

While I was gone away to a meeting, my wife was home alone. A group of young people came on to our property and ran around making a disturbance including getting up on the roof. My wife, more than a little scared called 911. It took 35 minutes to get a deputy on scene!

Needless to say I was horrified as I considered what might have been. . .

Long story short I went out and purchased a firearm (which we had been considering for a while.). I also took a concealed carry class and am awaiting the arrival of the permit.

We hooked up with our local indoor shooting range and have been receiving instruction from NRA trainers. The wife is fully on board and is about to purchase her own semi auto hand gun.

It's like Phil says, "At my house I am 911."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using USA Carry mobile app

Congrats on your decision to advance on continuing education along with your wife. Welcome onboard!

I'm glad the incident didn't turn out worse. It sure could have. I also live on a farm and always carry even here at home. If anyone pulled in while I was outside, they'd be between me and the house. And that's happened many times.

Welcome from Kansas.

LEO'S as a rule don't prevent crimes, they investigate them after the fact. Smart move to arm yourself & your wife, things are only going to get worse.

Greetings, welcome, glad the incident your wife experienced didn't go worse, train regularly and have some fun doing it!

Welcome and congrats. It's good to hear you and your wife are stepping into your own "first responder" role. It's far more beneficial and practical, especially when coupled with good training and education.

Stay safe, and stay trained.

Welcome to the 100 million and growing club. Enjoy your God given rights, have fun, and be safe always.

Hi Peggy, I wished I lived on a farm sometimes...it would be nice to have a place to practice. :)

I'm glad the incident didn't turn out worse. It sure could have. I also live on a farm and always carry even here at home. If anyone pulled in while I was outside, they'd be between me and the house. And that's happened many times.

Welcome from Kansas.

Hey guys- the OP is NOT the one who the post is about. He's just posting about someone else. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Welcome OP.
While I can congratulate the "other" forum poster on taking his family's safety more seriously. I would also question his attitude in the post.

Is he insinuating a bunch of kids trespassing & damaging property warrants armed retaliation with deadly force?

I live in the country as well and I have had neighborhood kids climb all over my roof, barn & outbuildings. (Mostly while playing with my son) But, it sure didn't deserve a armed response. I just went outside & told them to "Knock it off & go somewhere else!"

I hope the poster will seek out more advanced training and will educate themselves on their state & local laws.

-

Very glad that you're wife is o.k. and nothing worse happened. Welcome to the gun culture club and the forum.

But......wait a minute......dosen't the government tell us that we don't need those nasty guns, that the government will protect us?

Hey guys- the OP is NOT the one who the post is about. He's just posting about someone else. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Welcome OP.
While I can congratulate the "other" forum poster on taking his family's safety more seriously. I would also question his attitude in the post.

Is he insinuating a bunch of kids trespassing & damaging property warrants armed retaliation with deadly force?

I live in the country as well and I have had neighborhood kids climb all over my roof, barn & outbuildings. (Mostly while playing with my son) But, it sure didn't deserve a armed response. I just went outside & told them to "Knock it off & go somewhere else!"

I hope the poster will seek out more advanced training and will educate themselves on their state & local laws.

-

Read his post again. He realized that the kids could have attacked his wife and she would have been defenseless.
Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Having a gun doesn't mean you have to use it ,but not having one doesn't give you the option. I'm glad everone was ok after the insident. I agree getting training and lots of practice is what you need now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back