Progressive Press Recommendations/Comments

srshadwi

I have been saving some money and I am looking to buy a progressive press because I am out-shooting my single stage press. My single stage press is a Lee and I have no complaints about it at all. I have chewed through a bunch of reloaded .45 ACP without any problems, but I just don't have the time to reload one stage at a time. Having said that, I have been reading some mized reviews about the Lee Pro 1000 and Loadmaster on various retail websites (Midway USA for example) and I was considering going "blue" and investing in the Dillion 650 and leaving it at that. Everywhere I look people are praising the Dillon products and I feel like this investment will last me a lifetime of reloading. I am posting this here because I believe I will get a lot of non-biased information from people with some real-life experience with this equipment. I'd love to hear what you think about the Lee, Dillion, or even the Hornady, RCBS, etc progressive presses and whether or not it is worth it to spend a little extra.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

I can vouch for the Dillon presses. The one I use, a RL550B, belongs to my brother and has been in service for over 20 years. The same goes for the RL550B owned by my Uncle. You will never have customer service issues with Dillon. I crank out about 300 rounds/hour on this press. I could crank out more, but I'm happy with the way I do it.

The other manufacturers you mentioned make great products as well. I've had personal experience with single stage units from RCBS and Hornady.

It seems to me it is a matter of how much you want to reload and spend.

A Dillon is a very fine, very high volume press, for a hefty price. You get what you pay for.

But as for myself, loading only about a 100 - 200 rounds at a time, of various calibers, the Lee being the cheapest, would satisfy my needs. The RCBS, and Hornady set ups are first rate for the money and medium volume - IMHO.

Personally, I use a Lee single stage, and a RCBS single station. Fills MY needs. Low volume, multiple calibers. YMMV

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back