Problem with my Taurus 850 Series .38

jabatam

I couldn't find a specific forum that dealt with this. I took my Taurus 850 .38 Special to the range Saturday. After about 25-30 rounds, once the cylinder heated up, the trigger pull became very difficult. It seemed as if the expansion from the heat was making the rear of the cylinder drag against the frame. Have any of you had a similar issue with a Taurus revolver or, even better yet, this particular model? I'm so disappointed in it that I am seriously considering it dead weight right now and want to get rid of it, However, if there is a fix, I'd like to make it work. I don't want or need a firearm that I can't trust. The ammo I was firing was American Eagle .38 Special 130 grain FMJ. Any help?

Taurus has a lifetime warranty on their products.Contact them and explain what the issue is and they should make it good for you.Taurus are great weapons and very dependable.You may have just had the luck to find a bad one.Don't give up on Taurus just because of this incident.Give them a chance to make it good for you.I hope this has been helpful

Taurus has a lifetime warranty on their products.Contact them and explain what the issue is and they should make it good for you.Taurus are great weapons and very dependable.You may have just had the luck to find a bad one.Don't give up on Taurus just because of this incident.Give them a chance to make it good for you.I hope this has been helpful

I didn't think of this. Will do and thanks!

^This. I have the same model and have not encountered this issue. Talk to Taurus and take it from there.

did you check with these guys on www. TaurusArmed.net ..
if others have had the same problem they probably have posted the fix ..
sometimes they have a DIY self fix .. or the 6 week trip back to Taurus for the fix ..
Taurus will fix it worse comes to worse ..

SB

I contacted Taurus today and put in the work order. All I have to do is cover shipping there and they'll take over. I don't mind the wait; this is a back up to a back up to a back up...you get the point. It's not an every day carry and I've only shot it maybe 5 or 6 times in the three years I've owned it.

Thanks for the help though!

You should update us when it comes back I got a 85 ul .38 in titanium no problems only 15 rounds through it

Sorry to say it's even money it comes back no better than you sent it based on their past performance.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back