"Printing" in VA

Looking for some perspective here regarding CC in VA with a CHP. I have read a lot in various forums and sites about the evils of "printing" when CC. HOw that can get the person in trouble with local LE. Since VA is an OC friendly state, can any rely experiences (good or not so good) where they were stopped, cited, detained, etc because someone saw a print of a weapon through a shirt or bulge or, more blatantly, a lazy bit of conceal work and the weapon became visible when a shirt flipped up or something along those lines. Thanks for sharing.

s/f

I personally haven't had any issue with printing, and I'm fairly sure I've done it at the store while bending over to pick something up. There aren't any laws regarding printing or accidental showing of a firearm in VA. As you said, OC is legal and actually becoming somewhat more common here, so someone noticing your handgun shouldn't be an issue. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Just took a CCW class in Virginia and the instructor said open carry is allowed without a permit in Virginia and is acceptable.

As has been said, printing is not illegal in VA. You really have to start to look at your clothing and account for the addition of a gun. Larger size shirts, pants with a stretchy waistband etc. Printing hasn't really been an issue with LE, just the occasional person you may notice you concealing poorly.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back