President Obama does something right!

gdcleanfun

Banned
President Barack Obama signs S.614, a bill to award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Women Airforce Service Pilots, in the Oval Office Wednesday, July 1, 2009.

P070109PS-0602 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

See web page for photo.

President Barack Obama signs S.614, a bill to award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Women Airforce Service Pilots, in the Oval Office Wednesday, July 1, 2009. Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) was established during World War II, and from 1942 to 1943, more than a thousand women joined, flying sixty million miles of non-combat military missions. Of the women who received their wings as Women Airforce Service Pilots, approximately 300 are living today. Flanking the President are Bernice Falk Haydu, far left, Elaine Danforth Harmon, and Lorraine H. Rodgers, right. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) is at far right. Behind the President are active duty US Air Force pilots. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

This official White House photograph is being made available for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way or used in materials, advertisements, products, or promotions that in any way suggest approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

When I first saw your thread I thought for a moment perhaps he moved to Iran.:sarcastic: All joking aside I am glad to see they got the recognition they deserve.

When I first saw your thread I thought for a moment perhaps he moved to Iran.:sarcastic: All joking aside I am glad to see they got the reconition they deserve.

Chuckling out loud. I knew you would come up with something! :laugh::biggrin:

I was hoping he'd go hunting with Dick Cheney.... but still, long overdue recognition to the WASPs.

Rarely, he does something right. If I'm pleased with one of his decisions, I email him and let him know. I also email him when I'm not pleased, which is quite a bit.

What else was attached on this bill? I know he didn't sign it just for their recognition!

EDIT: I guess he did. I looked it up and nothing was attached. I'm glad he signed it. They needed recognition a long time ago!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back