Preferred Carry Ammo?

The Law

This is what I have on hand once the permit arrives:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Anyone carry something else? What do you think of it?

The Doubletap stuff feeds reliably through my Sig and Glock and I've heard really good reports on the Gold Dots. However, the buzz around the Barnes bullets is good too. I was just wondering what everyone else carried.

I'm by far an expert on ammo. I currently carry Winchester Ranger ammo in my .40's. I'll check the exact details on it and what I carry in my .32 when I get home tonight.

I'm by far an expert on ammo. I currently carry Winchester Ranger ammo in my .40's. I'll check the exact details on it and what I carry in my .32 when I get home tonight.

I've heard good things about the Win-Ranger ammo too. There's supposed to be some LEO version that is the best as far as the Ranger line goes. I may be mistaken. It is difficult for us non-LEO types to acquire.

I could be 100% wrong but I thought my Ranger ammo is LEO. I'll check when I get home.

I was planning on ordering some of the Hornady TAP for my .40's to see how that shot.

You have me wondering now, I'm going to double check right when I get home.

I believe Winchester's policy was the result of the fallout from the "Black Talon" controversy years ago. I know that some dealers were selling the Ranger-T ammo to non-LEOs, but Winchester recently came down hard on them and that has changed.

My box says Law Enforcement Ammunition. This is my last box. I also use Speer Golddot in my Beretta Tomcat .32.

Link Removed
Link Removed

Link Removed
Link Removed

I'v been buying Win Ranger for the .40 and .45 and Federal LE hydra-shok or Rem Golden Saber for the .380

I have Remington Golden Sabers in all but two of my carry guns. Use Speer Gold Dot or Cor-Bon in the Beretta Tomcat (don't offer GS in 32 ACP) and use Federal EFMJ in the Kel-Tec PF-9 (it won't feed GS ammo).

Hoss

Last edited:
Favorite carry ammo for both my wife and I is the Remington Golden Saber 165 grain ammo.

I carry it in my G23 and she uses it in her XD .40sc. Both of them feed it with no problems at all and we both are pleased with the accuracy of the ammo.

My typical .40 load is 185grn Federal Hydra-Shoks, and I love them. They feed well and shoot to POA, so with that I am happy.

I am still playing around with my .45 loads. Right now I have Hornaday TAP 230grn +P's, and I am not crazy about them. They function fine when fired, but manual racking they will sometimes not feed properly. Plus I think they are a little too hot. I will likely go with Speer Gold Dots in 230grn.

My little .380 AMT Back-Up, which is my BUG gets fed a 94grn ball.

For my 226 9mm .. I use 124 +P GD's ....... I have tried most SD stuff around but like the performance of these plus, they seem a frequent choice by LE.

If I were to carry a 220 then again it'd be 230 GD's.

For snub (SP-101) ... used to load with CorBon 110 +P.

Through my own informal wet newspaper and cherry Jello gelatin testing, I have found The 230gr. Federal Hydrashoks. They are accurate and expansion is consistient and well controlled. I have never had any trouble with them feeding in any of my semi-autos.

tex45acp

Through my own informal wet newspaper and cherry Jello gelatin testing, I have found The 230gr. Federal Hydrashoks. They are accurate and expansion is consistient and well controlled. I have never had any trouble with them feeding in any of my semi-autos.

tex45acp

Try the HST's, you will love them!!!

Link Removed

I have Gold Dot's in both my 40 s&w. I have 9mm Fiocchi hollow points in my Kahr CW9. I have wwb jhp in my 45acp's. I have decided, in my opinion, any hollow point from a good manufacturer will do fine.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back