Preferred Carry Ammo?

Last edited:
I carry EFMJ by Federal, they work just find in any gun i have used them in, I can't justify spending twice as much for corbon ammo, cmon guys how dead is dead?

Last edited:
I carry EFMJ by Federal, they work just find in any gun i have used them in, I can't justify spending twice as much for corbon ammo, cmon guys how dead is dead?

Well at over a dollar a bullet, you can bet I don't have a lot of it! :eek:

I like Gold Dot 2nd to Cor-Bon and have been looking at Hornady TAP too.

But if I can spend a ton of loot on a good handgun, I figure I'll go all out for the best preforming ammo to carry in it. ;)

I like to practice with what I carry, that is all most impossible with cor bon:(, unless ya got really deep pockets, I don't! But I still think that dead is dead, If I shoot a BG with my more affordable ammo, I don't think he will know the difference!:)

I like to practice with what I carry, that is all most impossible with cor bon:(, unless ya got really deep pockets, I don't! But I still think that dead is dead, If I shoot a BG with my more affordable ammo, I don't think he will know the difference!:)

Right on Dog! 1st order of business is to get those shots COM! :D

Double-Tap is top notch... The Winchester Ranger stuff is pretty good, too, if you can find it. Pro-Load used to be an excellent source of carry ammo, but they have fallen by the wayside.

+1 on that. If ya don't shoot it enfough to know it will cycle in your gun and keep practice up it should't be in there.
In my .380 I don't mind spending a little extra to get a better round as this thing is very marginal for carry as is.

I used to carry the Federal EFMJ, in 230gr for the 45acp, until it was removed from the market. It was the most accurate 45acp ammo I have ever shot and never failed to cycle. I really was pissed at Federal for doing that.

tex

I used to carry the Federal EFMJ, in 230gr for the 45acp, until it was removed from the market. It was the most accurate 45acp ammo I have ever shot and never failed to cycle. I really was pissed at Federal for doing that.

tex
I did not know that federal stopped selling EFMJ, when did that happen? and why, If you know

My CZ P-01 9mm eats Federal LE HST 124gr +P

And for my Makarov, I've switched from Hornady XTP to Brown Bear FMJ. Why? Because with 9x18, I need all the penetration I can get. Plus, at $7.95 a box, practicing with my carry ammo is a no-brainer. Cheap? Yeah, but it always goes bang.

I did not know that federal stopped selling EFMJ, when did that happen? and why, If you know

Badmanhunter,

To my knowledge, the 230gr. 45acp is the only one they discontinued, or at least made unavailable to the general public. I believe the 9mm are still available.
According to the Federal Website this is still available:

PD9CSP2H
9mm Luger (9x19mm Parabellum) EFMJ
105gr. / 6.8grams

tex

Badmanhunter,

To my knowledge, the 230gr. 45acp is the only one they discontinued, or at least made unavailable to the general public. I believe the 9mm are still available.
According to the Federal Website this is still available:

PD9CSP2H
9mm Luger (9x19mm Parabellum) EFMJ
105gr. / 6.8grams

I just bought a bunch of 45acp+P EFMJ from ammo man, all so got some .40cal. and 9mm+p... They never said nothing about running short on it, If ya need some try them, pretty good price on it too.:)..................................................
tex
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My ammo choices in my Off-Duty guns depend on what gun(s) I'm carrying.

9mm: Corbon 115 grain +P DPX JHP
38 Special: Corbon 110 grain +P DPX JHP
38 Special: Remington 125 grain +P SJHP
357 Mag: Remington 125 grain SJHP ("full house load")
45 Colt: Don't ask, it's a black powder load :D
44 Mag: 305 grain (Packs a wallop)
45 ACP: Corbon 185 grain +P (Non-DPX)

The 45 ACP is a Revolver. As you may be able to tell, I prefer the wheelgun when I'm not at work. :D I shoot my carry ammo pretty consistantly, but admit to using the Winchester "White Box" ammo from WalMart at the indoor range. They don't like my handloads. ;) . Actually, they don't like anybodies reloads, but are more than willing to sell you a box of "over priced" ammo if you didn't bring your own factory ammo.

Biker

I just went to AmmoMan and found what you are looking at. It is 200gr. +P EFMJ, which I am sure is a great round. I was talking about the original 230gr., non +p rounds. Those are no longer available and that is what I used to carry in my 1911 and many other 45acp guns.

tex

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back