Precision Addict

RDW

Hello.....My name is Randy....And I am A precision addict. I have been on a precision high for about 25 years. I kicked the habit for a couple of years, but I started running with the wrong crowd, now I am hooked again. I started shooting bottle caps with a 22 when I was a kid, thinking " I am not like the rest of them, I wont get hooked". It started out as a recreational thing, then before I knew it I was addicted. In no time at all I was moving up to bigger calibers, wanting smaller and smaller groups. Then came the hand loads, hours and hours spent grinning, sitting at my loading bench. No factory load could give me the high that I got from my own creation. I spend hours reading through reloading manuals looking for new and exciting things to try.I have loaded as many as 30 three shot groups, with 30 different loads of the same powder to take to the range at the same time. I have to buy every new bullet, shooting bag, shooting rest and precision gimmick that comes out. My name is Randy......and I'm an addict.

Hello.....My name is Randy....And I am A precision addict. I have been on a precision high for about 25 years. I kicked the habit for a couple of years, but I started running with the wrong crowd, now I am hooked again. I started shooting bottle caps with a 22 when I was a kid, thinking " I am not like the rest of them, I wont get hooked". It started out as a recreational thing, then before I knew it I was addicted. In no time at all I was moving up to bigger calibers, wanting smaller and smaller groups. Then came the hand loads, hours and hours spent grinning, sitting at my loading bench. No factory load could give me the high that I got from my own creation. I spend hours reading through reloading manuals looking for new and exciting things to try.I have loaded as many as 30 three shot groups, with 30 different loads of the same powder to take to the range at the same time. I have to buy every new bullet, shooting bag, shooting rest and precision gimmick that comes out. My name is Randy......and I'm an addict.

Welcome, Randy, to a site where precision addicts flourish! :haha: :secret:

This addiction should be widespread. I make every effort to get others hooked by offering free range samples for first timers, and when helping at a gun show or filling in at the shop, I encourage touching the merchandise. It gives the weapons a chance to grow attached.

I feel your happiness! I've been an addict for about 50 years. There's nothing like the smell of burnt gunpowder in the morning. In fact there's nothing like it all day long!:wink:

welcome randy, with 161 posts i think you have been around long enough to be a regular on here.
buy the way if you would like to donate some of your old stuff let us know. we can help you.:biggrin:

I'm sorry to hear about your addiction. Do you need us to from a support group or a 12 step program for you?

HI, I'm festus and I am a fine accuracy addict

HI, I'm festus and I am a fine accuracy addict...
I'm Afraid I may have passed this curse along to my kids:fie:
I have been involved with rifles most of my life....
It all started with a .22LR from there I tried every thing but kept coming back to rifles

.22LR, .223/5.56NATO, .308/7.62NATO...

I even shot a fifty BMG once

Please help me!:triniti:

I'm sorry to hear about your addiction. Do you need us to from a support group or a 12 step program for you?

Support groups and 12 step programs are for quitters. (Unless the support group is there to carry ammo, spotting scope, and accessories the 12 steps from the truck to the bench?)

HK, don't forget their splinter group MOA - Mothers Opposing Accuracy.

My mama didn't raise a quitter

My mama didn't raise a quitter...I only came for the Ammo hopefully a few free targets.

I like how you think RDW. It's unfortunate how many gun owners there are out there who don't take the time to go out and learn how to properly shoot their weapons.

Hi,
Can any of you precision guys explain MOA so a guy like me can understand it? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Charles

Hello Randy welcome to the group. Feel free to share about your pain, I too am an addict, my addiction started at age 7 with my first BB gun. They say that a BB gun is just a gateway gun that gets you turned on to bigger guns.

I think I hit rock bottom when I started shooting quarters at 100 yards with a .22 rimfire at age 12....ya I know pretty young to be " shooting " at that range.

Now my addiction is full blown, I'll " shoot " just about anything I can get my hands on. I don't have a problem though. I can quit any time I want.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back