ppk/s cocked and locked?

chrisko

i'm looking at getting a walther ppk/s in .380 for summer carry, i was wondering if anyone has one and if it's a safe gun to carry when it's loaded, then decocked, then the safety off... so it would be a in double action mode with the safety off and a round in the chamber...

i want to know if anyone knows of any safety measures that would be in place so that a bump of the hammer wouldn't set it off? or should i just buy an LCP?

thanks...

As I understand, the PP series has a reputation of being among the safest pocket pistols around.

Be advised, there is a recall on some PPK/s, might want to check that out.

Cooter's right. Run a search for a thread about the recall.

thanks for the answers... seems like there's nothing wrong with carrying it that way, long as you have put it through the recall... now i have to justify buying that when i could just get a glock 26 for the same price, better reputation, bigger caliber and not that much bigger size-wise...

novelty gun i was thinking... anyways sorry to ramble a bit, and thanks for the info guys...:biggrin:

I have carried a PPK/S off and on for a few years without incident. It has been quite reliable.
Best regards, Ken.

I owned and carried a PPKs and I carried it as described, decocked and safety off. However I believe the older models do NOT have anything to prevent the weapon from discharging if dropped. The newer ones i believe do.

THE GOOD NEWS: i found one yesterday and bought it...

THE BAD NEWS: i need to send it into S&W for the recall (couldn't find one that was already fixed) and there's no .380 ammo in the city...

my buddy had a couple extra rounds he was williing to part with so i got to shoot it... only failed to fire on real old federal hollowpoints... like 15 year old stuff... (he shoots the crap and saves his new rounds for carry)... managed to get some cor-bon .380 outta him and it functioned flawlessly... now to find some AMMO!!!!!! anybody know where i can find some online in stock???

I have carried a Taurus PT92 on and off for over 10 years. It has the same action. DA/SA but has no manual safety. It's just as safe as carrying a revolver. That first tripper pull is about the same as an average revolver.

i'm looking at getting a walther ppk/s in .380 for summer carry, i was wondering if anyone has one and if it's a safe gun to carry when it's loaded, then decocked, then the safety off... so it would be a in double action mode with the safety off and a round in the chamber...

i want to know if anyone knows of any safety measures that would be in place so that a bump of the hammer wouldn't set it off? or should i just buy an LCP?

thanks...

I had a Walther PPK/S that I just passed on to my brother. It's a very safe handgun, carrying it decocked is not problem at all. The first shot involves a double action trigger pull.

I have to warn you that this gun has a pretty good recoil as far as .380s go. I just didn't like the way it felt in my hand. In fact, I got bit by the hammer a few times, even drew a little blood.

If you get one, try to get one by Interarms if you can find one. Walther firearms seem to have been suffered some major quality issues since entering into an agreement with Smith & Wesson to distribute their handguns in the U.S.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back