Post Office-gunfree aone?

HK4U

Can someone clarify something for me. I know you can not carry in a post office. There sre signs posted inside where the clerks are but I have never seen any post office with the sign posted in the side were you have 24 hour access to your P.O. box. Is the whole building off limits or just the one side?

I think that is a state specific question. In my state (OR) it is off limits to 'public buildings' but CHL holders are an exemption to that law. Personally, I would carry concealed in a post office. You're only gonna be in there for a minute anyway. And IF someone sees it, and IF they call the cops, do you really think they'll make a huge deal about it?

Like that saying goes: I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I also believe that depends on the state you are in.. and if the state does not let you carry with a permit there then people are smoking crack who are making the laws...

Can someone clarify something for me. I know you can not carry in a post office. There sre signs posted inside where the clerks are but I have never seen any post office with the sign posted in the side were you have 24 hour access to your P.O. box. Is the whole building off limits or just the one side?

Only if you're an employee can you carry....

HA!

You can get a box at a UPS Store, Kinko's or similar PMB-type place and not have anything to worry about. They also offer a lot more services (like forwarding, or they'll let you put "Suite" instead of "Box") and are usually open later - not to mention they accept all courier packages.

No problem carrying in a Post Office here in Nevada. We can carry anywhere except for a posted government building (or one with metal detectors) or a building located on school property (including universities).

At our local post office, the notice is posted right in the middle of the PO Box area. I had to search for it, its right next to the wanted posters:wacko:

It's always been my understanding that post offices are federal property which means state laws don't apply. My CHL instructor said that you can't carry anywhere on the property which includes the parking lot.

I have seen many threads on this topic, but nobody has a clear answer. The best advice I've seen was from an attorney who simply put it. "You don't want to be the test case." If someone has a decisive answer, I would love to know what it is.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back