Possibly moving to NC, Lee County

mappow

I've read that the County S/O will receive paperwork and issue CWP. My questions is;
1.) Training, will they accept a DD214 as training?
2.) I currently have a SC CWP. Being that we have reciprocity with NC must I go through their State Cert. Instructor? Kind of goes to question #1
3.) OPEN CARRY-Must you be a resident of NC to OC?

I have read Lukes NC rules/reg's. None covered on my questions.

I've read that the County S/O will receive paperwork and issue CWP. My questions is;
1.) Training, will they accept a DD214 as training?
2.) I currently have a SC CWP. Being that we have reciprocity with NC must I go through their State Cert. Instructor? Kind of goes to question #1
3.) OPEN CARRY-Must you be a resident of NC to OC?

I have read Lukes NC rules/reg's. None covered on my questions.

1) nope, must be a NC approved course
2) nope, your SC permit is valid in NC but to get a NC permit you'll have to take the course and get a certificate. Since SC doesn't have a non-resident permit your SC permit will likely be invalid once you're a NC resident and no longer a SC resident (Check with your issuing agency for the details). Getting a NC permit will give you the advantage that you don't have to go to the sheriff and get a permit to purchase each time you want to buy a handgun. The course is usually a weekend thing. A few gunshops do it all in one day. Cost is usually about $80.
3) nope, makes no difference, OC is legal in NC. See the NC flyer below.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...8GsidedFW0hEOWh_wflvT7tpEVdnqbUfjnl_dbj&hl=en

Link Removed

Thanks for the info and the link. We probably will be moving and whilst I'm waiting for my 30 Day resident requirement, I can take the required class.

As for OC, I find it extremely refreshing. Thanks again Anthony!

Open carry is almost fashionable now. It is estimated that 80% of men over 65 carry. Refreshing stat. At a recent deacon's meeting we were discussing security. All but one have their concealed carry permits. I chuckled and told them that I had been carrying at church for the last 10-12 years. They never knew it. One of my former pastors saw my holster as I exited the car and commented on what caliber my cell phone was. He carried also.

OK, so we'll be moving close to Winston-Salem in Nov.,eastern side near Kernersville. Any clue as to areas around there that are GREAT and or BAD. Any help would be appreciated!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back