Poor Galco customer service

FPV

Well, I just checked to see why Galco hadn't bothered to ship a holster and mag holder I ordered (they did ship and charge me for the matching belt), and was told by a fairly smart-mouthed "customer service" rep that it would be August before they would get around to it. Senior Smart Mouth made some comment about it being an election year and their help returning to Mexico. Not sure if that was an odd joke, or if they hire lots of illegals. Given they are in Arizona, I suspect the latter. As a gun rights leader and concealed handgun instructor, I recommend Galco products to lots of students. Given their shoddy customer service, however, that will change.

As a "gun rights leader and concealed handgun instructor", you should have known that there is something called a backlog on popular items. Many companies in the business even charge you when you order and not when they ship. I have personally experienced order backlogs between 1-4 months on popular gear.

If you are truly a "gun rights leader and concealed handgun instructor", then your recommendations to your students should be based on product quality and utility, and not because you are throwing a fit over an order delay. If you think this delay is bad, then wait until October, or worse, hen Hillary wins.

Actually, Galco responded to my Facebook post by apologizing but, alas, too late: I ordered my wife a Flashbang Ava, which was recommended to her by DTI instructor Vicki Farnam. FYI, it will be here by Tuesday, so you will have trouble convincing me panic buying is the issue.

I normally use a Milt Sparks SS-2, a *custom* holster for which I happily wait 16 weeks. But with the exception of a small number of holsters made of exotic materials, Galco is a *production* holster maker, making such delays inexcusable.

As to what I recommend for students, I hardly think I would be serving them well by recommending a product they can’t get, thereby rendering them *defenseless.*

Oh, and since you seem to make an issue of my credentials, in 1994 I co-founded and continue to direct Grass Roots North Carolina. In 1995, I wrote much of the state’s concealed handgun law. Later, I helped write solid concealed handgun reciprocity language capturing agreements with 37 states, a Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground law which has already saved lives, and expansions of concealed carry into restaurants, educational property and elsewhere.

Meanwhile, as one of the first instructors certified by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission, I’ve been through S&W Academy 3 times (the last course being “Advanced Defensive Handgun for Small Group Protection”), Thunder Ranch (“Urban Rifle”), Front Sight Training Institute (4-day defensive handgun), John Farnam’s DTI (“Armed Response to Terrorism”) and numerous other schools. Oh, yes: I’m also a federally deputized LEO.

How about you, champ?

Actually, Galco responded to my Facebook post by apologizing but, alas, too late: I ordered my wife a Flashbang Ava, which was recommended to her by DTI instructor Vicki Farnam. FYI, it will be here by Tuesday, so you will have trouble convincing me panic buying is the issue.

I normally use a Milt Sparks SS-2, a *custom* holster for which I happily wait 16 weeks. But with the exception of a small number of holsters made of exotic materials, Galco is a *production* holster maker, making such delays inexcusable.

FYI: The backlog on POPULAR items has been going on for several YEARS. This is a well known issue even with non-custom orders. I typically order Galco items from other stores that guarantee they have it in stock, e.g., www.opticsplanet.com, and not directly from Galco. You may have noticed that Galco's Web site doesn't state availability.

As to what I recommend for students, I hardly think I would be serving them well by recommending a product they can’t get, thereby rendering them *defenseless.*

You just ranted in your OP about Galco without providing an alternative. That is not a solution to the problem.

Oh, and since you seem to make an issue of my credentials, in 1994 I co-founded and continue to direct Grass Roots North Carolina. In 1995, I wrote much of the state’s concealed handgun law. Later, I helped write solid concealed handgun reciprocity language capturing agreements with 37 states, a Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground law which has already saved lives, and expansions of concealed carry into restaurants, educational property and elsewhere.

Meanwhile, as one of the first instructors certified by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission, I’ve been through S&W Academy 3 times (the last course being “Advanced Defensive Handgun for Small Group Protection”), Thunder Ranch (“Urban Rifle”), Front Sight Training Institute (4-day defensive handgun), John Farnam’s DTI (“Armed Response to Terrorism”) and numerous other schools. Oh, yes: I’m also a federally deputized LEO.

How about you, champ?

You didn't provide your "credentials" in your OP, instead you proclaimed that you are a "gun rights leader and concealed handgun instructor". I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, which means that my Internet gun expert "credentials" outweigh yours.

Your "credentials" give the same weight to your rant in the OP as a Million Miler's rant about waiting lines at the airline check-in desk, i.e., none.

FYI: The backlog on POPULAR items has been going on for several YEARS.

Even on unpopular items... it took six weeks to get a shoulder holster from them a few years ago. And when when I asked about a replacement elastic strap they responded a week later; a few feet of rubberized cord cost almost as much as the whole holster. I found a hundred-foot spool of the stuff on eBay for $10.

On the other hand, the holster actually fit and worked, which was more than I could say for the other ones I'd tried.

I'm kind of a nooby here, and don't have any "credentials". However, last weekend, when I trained and qualified for my CCW, my instructor saw the difficulty I was having with my Kydex Blackhawk holster, lent me his Galco, it was night and day. When we were done, I went to the phone, called Galco, and ordered up a CON-424B, for $130 bucks, more or less, was told I couldn't have it 'till September 18...I wish it were sooner, but I'll take it when I can get it.

Mr. Troll's (bofh) negativism aside, the Flashbang Ava women's holster has worked out quite well for my wife. Very comfortable and concealable. I little tight at first, but that is common. I just cancelled the Galco backorder. Don't get me wrong, Galco makes good holsters (albeit often knockoffs of Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen or other makers' designs), but they need to work on inventory control.

Mr. Troll's (bofh) negativism aside, the Flashbang Ava women's holster has worked out quite well for my wife. Very comfortable and concealable. I little tight at first, but that is common. I just cancelled the Galco backorder. Don't get me wrong, Galco makes good holsters (albeit often knockoffs of Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen or other makers' designs), but they need to work on inventory control.

"Mr. Troll" has been her for 3 years and has almost 1800 posts.

You've been here 3 weeks and have three. All in one thread that you started to bash Galco.

Who is the troll?

The last two handguns I bought were M&Ps, I bought compatible Galco pancake holsters when I bought each gun no problem.

I have been told that Galco prefers to do business through distributers rather than selling individual holsters on line. You might want to try ordering through your LGS

Hmm.. 48 hours after being told my Galco would arrive about the middle if September, it showed up in my mailbox this AM. What's more to say?

One happy camper.. Guess the backlog was overestimated or something...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back