Poll - OC or CC

If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

• Total voters
Hey now I'm PRO CHOICE DON"T LUMP ME in the same boat as those Martian's!!!!

Here! Here! Amazing how the reaction to something one does not want to hear is to lump everyone of the opposite view into some sort of negative category. The use of the very same tactic that is complained about is used in their defence. Tsk! Tsk!

Don't lump all of us CCers into the BG category and ALL of us CCers won't think you're a nut ball for OCing. Fair enough?

Expected answers:

1) I see them all the time. (Though that defies MY experience. .... and I am WELL traveled in the US.)

2) We need to get MORE of them in the game! (Part of the "plea" effort of the OC minded souls as it is.)

GG

I repeat a question I asked in an earlier post on this same topic. "Don't you OCers just like to OC so you can show off your new shootin rig?" This could be construed as an antagonistic question but the more I read and the less 'convincing reasoning' for OC I read the more the question seems valid.

I'd like to see some valid, proven statistics on the benefit of OC over CC in every day life. The poll I'd like to see is what professions OCers are that they can OC "all the time" like I see stated here a lot.

I CC because of Florida law but when I lived in PA and GA, I also CCed by choice. Everything is a matter of choice. And I choose to NOT be lumped in with the antagonists.

YOu know.... just reading this thread has made me realize that the question of OC or CC is about as dividing as the question of Democrat or Republican.

...but MY representative is a good one!

I repeat a question I asked in an earlier post on this same topic. "Don't you OCers just like to OC so you can show off your new shootin rig?" This could be construed as an antagonistic question but the more I read and the less 'convincing reasoning' for OC I read the more the question seems valid.

I'd like to see some valid, proven statistics on the benefit of OC over CC in every day life. The poll I'd like to see is what professions OCers are that they can OC "all the time" like I see stated here a lot.

I CC because of Florida law but when I lived in PA and GA, I also CCed by choice. Everything is a matter of choice. And I choose to NOT be lumped in with the antagonists.

Well, I'd NOT try to lump all OC'ers into a given category, particularly one that has negative connotations. If one has read any of this long standing and often repeated "discussion/arguement" through a myriad of threads..... the OC'ers have their "case" well represented, as does the CC'ers.

I mean, some folks just LOVE to be the first target of opportunity..... (OK, that was a joke. Lighten up!)

Anyway, it bottoms out to be a personal preference. Never let it be said that the old Gunny would ever support any effort to deprive (or ridicule) another human for their application of their "Rights", 2nd Ammendment or otherwise. Even to the point of non interference with those who prefer NOT to exercise their rights. (Just don't try to take away my "options" in the matter to make me conform to your behavior patterns. It tends to tick me off.)

GG

walt629:226518 said:

I cannot carry at all at work. I open carry if i'm awake and not at work. I do not carry to show off my rig. I started open carrying when I had to, and since then reading all the convincing reasons, I have kept OC even though my permit finally came.

Here! Here! Amazing how the reaction to something one does not want to hear is to lump everyone of the opposite view into some sort of negative category. The use of the very same tactic that is complained about is used in their defence. Tsk! Tsk!

Don't lump all of us CCers into the BG category and ALL of us CCers won't think you're a nut ball for OCing. Fair enough?

All us CCers, I'm one of those CCers numb nuts! I live in a state that allows me to carry any thing and anyway I see fit. I have had my permit for years and use it daily when I carry concealed. So check your facts and know what your talking about before you go foaming off at the mouth.

If you conceal carry, and you have ever drawn your weapon but did not fire it, why did the presence of a firearm work? Why didn't the bad guy keep pursuing you? I have read a handful of personal stories of a bad situation brewing, and the CC opening their jacket to expose their weapon, to have the bad guy turn around or walk another direction. So please, explain CC'ers that have had this first hand experience, how deterrence doesn't work?

Living in Florida OC is not an option, being one of only 7 states prohibiting the practice.(Except on your home or business property or carrying a fishing pole or a rifle while legally fishing or hunting with a license.)

But when I'm vacationing in New Mexico, which I do every year or visiting my Vermont cabin,I OC. So Option 2 was my choice.When Florida gets OC back (we lost it in 1987) I'll OC here again.

What is the old canard,"A right not exercised is a right lost?" Something like that.:smile:

All us CCers, I'm one of those CCers numb nuts! I live in a state that allows me to carry any thing and anyway I see fit. I have had my permit for years and use it daily when I carry concealed. So check your facts and know what your talking about before you go foaming off at the mouth.
I don't lump CCers all in one group. I too have a CPL (concealed pistol license) and I started out by CCing. I still CC on occasion, and during the winter, when I have a coat on, I CC by default.

In general, I prefer OC. However, at the risk of attracting my latest "buddie" :wink:, I do CC when I feel like it, or if I think the situation warrants it. But that is my decision. And I don't have to explain that to ANYONE.

I have however, recalled why I've not been here in so long. There is another forum I go to, one that is more devoted to OC than CC, but they have an OC sub forum. The forum mods there, instituted a rule of no arguing against a particular method of carry in the respective forums. In other words, don't go into the OC forum and try to tell all the pro-OCers that OC is wrong, or a bad tactic or whatever. And same goes for CCing too.

Makes me think we need a similar rule here. I'm not saying that constructive argument is bad, but so many of the anti-OC threads are just beating a dead horse. We're to the point that the dead horse is no longer a body, it's just a wet spot on the ground where the body was beaten to a pulp.

I don't lump CCers all in one group. I too have a CPL (concealed pistol license) and I started out by CCing. I still CC on occasion, and during the winter, when I have a coat on, I CC by default.

In general, I prefer OC. However, at the risk of attracting my latest "buddie" :wink:, I do CC when I feel like it, or if I think the situation warrants it. But that is my decision. And I don't have to explain that to ANYONE.

I have however, recalled why I've not been here in so long. There is another forum I go to, one that is more devoted to OC than CC, but they have an OC sub forum. The forum mods there, instituted a rule of no arguing against a particular method of carry in the respective forums. In other words, don't go into the OC forum and try to tell all the pro-OCers that OC is wrong, or a bad tactic or whatever. And same goes for CCing too.

Makes me think we need a similar rule here. I'm not saying that constructive argument is bad, but so many of the anti-OC threads are just beating a dead horse. We're to the point that the dead horse is no longer a body, it's just a wet spot on the ground where the body was beaten to a pulp.

I know Al it was not directed at you.

I believe CC is for me. However I belive that we should all have the option given to us by the second amendment!

I didn't think it was. I just wanted to make sure my position was clear. :smile:

Make your position clear?? Well that's a first! And for somebody who's constantly whining about a dead horse you sure are reluctant to get off of it.

Why don't you make your position clear on some of your previous statements like how you're able to intrinsically know when a passerby has seen your pistol, how you can tell if someone is "pro" or "anti" just by looking at them, or why you need to be more alert when OCing as opposed to CCing??

Teach me about these things, Al. I'd truly like to know.

Well, actually, there IS! When ANYTHING that might point to being uncooperative with "researchers" rears it's ugly head.... let's just say I would not be prone to utter anything that might affect my "file" (and parole board chances).

So you contend that the BG is supposed to "break bad" and say that guns don't scare him? That might work in his "gang circles", but in the setting of the "Big House" will only get him a notation of being anywhere from incorrigible to sociopathic. Does NOT look good in his "file".

It's kind of like the perceptive college student who realizes quite early that the best grades are given to those who openly "agree" with the Prof's pet theories, regardless of actual, silently held, beliefs. (Had to use the technique once or twice myself to keep my academic scholarship.)

Regardless of senario, one "plays the game" to keep ahead of the ball game. Prison is just like any other.

Altruism is as dead as a door nail. (Alas!)

GG

Good point! Touche.

Make your position clear?? Well that's a first! And for somebody who's constantly whining about a dead horse you sure are reluctant to get off of it.

Why don't you make your position clear on some of your previous statements like how you're able to intrinsically know when a passerby has seen your pistol, how you can tell if someone is "pro" or "anti" just by looking at them, or why you need to be more alert when OCing as opposed to CCing??

Teach me about these things, Al. I'd truly like to know.

Not sure about you but anytime I strap a firearm on my person I'm always more alert. Be it concealed carry or open it does not matter, when that firearm goes on I'm in defcon 1. I still remain alert when not carrying a firearm but it's no where close to the stage of readiness I'm in while carrying.

Carried concealed for decades. Started OC a couple years ago and won't go back. For ease of dress, presentation, deterrence, and education, just works for me. Probably the single biggest factor for me is that I don't have to dress around the weapon. Easy, peasy.

I've been carrying OC for a number of years now. Virginia, Indiana and Colorado are all states I've lived and OC'd in. I couldn't imagine living in a state that didn't allow OC.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back