Politicians- Should we start over

idmicd

We need To fire who in offices and start over :fie:

Grognard Gunny

Yes, we should. But....... we have a solidly entrenched two party system. They have set themselves in power and make it damned difficult for a third party to become viable. Thus, while we claim such voter power, we are really voting for candidates "approved" by the Party, first to run in a primary, second to be "funded" to make a show versus the other party candidate.

Take the "Tea Party" for instance. Their "platform" is clear, but they are reviled by the GOP more than the Dems! Why? Because they represent a block that threatens the Rep "business as usual" system of Government. Folks in power will attack any threats to their power..... PERIOD! (Even if that threat group generally supports the overall Party platform.) Thus is it the GOP who demeans the efforts of the Tea Party more than the Dems. Bizarre, isn't it?

Right now, the best bet for the Nation is to vote for the Reps. Why? Because they have the best chance of ridding us of this left wing fanatical Government we have been subject to since the Dems took the Congress in '06. (Bush notwithstanding.)

THEN we will have to "DEAL WITH" the old line Rep method of Government. Again, a lesser of two evils system of Government.

You want a way out of "Big Government"? Time to disband the US of A. I think around four or five "regional" Nations would do the trick. We could agree to a North American Continent Common Market and common currency and a defence pact...... but it would severely diminish this pall of one size fits all/we KNOW what is best for you BIG Government we have allowed to dominate our lives over the past 40-50 years.

GG

eXGee11

Grognard Gunny:214968 said:
Yes, we should. But....... we have a solidly entrenched two party system. They have set themselves in power and make it damned difficult for a third party to become viable. Thus, while we claim such voter power, we are really voting for candidates "approved" by the Party, first to run in a primary, second to be "funded" to make a show versus the other party candidate.

Take the "Tea Party" for instance. Their "platform" is clear, but they are reviled by the GOP more than the Dems! Why? Because they represent a block that threatens the Rep "business as usual" system of Government. Folks in power will attack any threats to their power..... PERIOD! (Even if that threat group generally supports the overall Party platform.) Thus is it the GOP who demeans the efforts of the Tea Party more than the Dems. Bizarre, isn't it?

Right now, the best bet for the Nation is to vote for the Reps. Why? Because they have the best chance of ridding us of this left wing fanatical Government we have been subject to since the Dems took the Congress in '06. (Bush notwithstanding.)

THEN we will have to "DEAL WITH" the old line Rep method of Government. Again, a lesser of two evils system of Government.

You want a way out of "Big Government"? Time to disband the US of A. I think around four or five "regional" Nations would do the trick. We could agree to a North American Continent Common Market and common currency and a defence pact...... but it would severely diminish this pall of one size fits all/we KNOW what is best for you BIG Government we have allowed to dominate our lives over the past 40-50 years.

GG

Quickest way to lose all of our God given rights. Natural rights mean diddly when we don't have that piece of paper backing it up. Chances of getting it right are slim to none as some soothsayer will invariably woo the people.

Seeya

We can eliminate the two party system by having open primaries and include a recall admendment.

Have promised myself to not vote for any incombents(old crooks). Those 545 seated in Washington are the reason we are in the mess we are in today---and they want us to re elect them so they can fix it--not likely. Tired of the "good ole boys" patting each other on the backs as they rob us and the country. We have become like milk cows to them and they are the dairymen. We are working one half of each year just to pay taxes so the other half can loaf, make babies, and gripe for more aid. Then there is the rest of the world with their hands out so they can "cuss" us, support our enemies, and make nukes to use against us. The whole system is askew and we are having to pay for it. Tired enough to vote them all out yet?

wjh2657

Easy vote this time. I am voting against all incumbents regardless of party affiliation. Yes, the newbies will eventualy go over to the "Dark Side" but we will get a couple of years of sanity out of them. Then next election, put in all new ones again. Actually that was the way it was supposed to work to begin with. It was never supposed to be a government of professional politicians.

Grognard Gunny

Quickest way to lose all of our God given rights. Natural rights mean diddly when we don't have that piece of paper backing it up. Chances of getting it right are slim to none as some soothsayer will invariably woo the people.

You mean like the current "place holder" in the Oval Office?

I keep getting the impression that our natural rights don't mean diddly WITH that piece of paper backing it.

If the "ruling" Party does not "back" that piece of paper, as they are sworn to do..... then that is ALL it is.... a piece of paper.

GG

BC1

We the people need to exercise our rights and peacefully march on Washington. Each and every elected official should be voted out of office for this fiasco.

John Adams was adamantly against political parties. He argued that a day will come when they will serve the party interests and fail the people they represent. A very wise man... he saw it coming.

SFC

What should happen is this, Take the losers we have supposively supporting us citizens and have them go through the books of all the Bill since the beginning of time. Take these Bills that have been amemded several times over, Bills that were obsolete for the past 50 years and clear those Bills from the books. Once they get this scrambled book of worms cleared up then go by these laws.

Just starting over with new represetatives will not solve the problem, I just think that all our representatives are quoting the law, just that the laws have not existed for many years.

6shootercarry

The judicial system needs to be overhauled as well. Too many liberally biased loons sitting on benches for life... Soros and his liberal cronies have been stacking that deck for years. We can create all the legislation we want and believe the Bill of Rights protects our natural rights, but when the liberal loons say "it ain't so" we will have to fight for them... The entire system needs a reboot...

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." -- Abraham Lincoln

wooddoctor

We the people need to exercise our rights and peacefully march on Washington. Each and every elected official should be voted out of office for this fiasco.

John Adams was adamantly against political parties. He argued that a day will come when they will serve the party interests and fail the people they represent. A very wise man... he saw it coming.

What's this crap about peaceful? That's exactly what the Dems want!

fuhr52

Every election cycle the people running for re-election campaign to fix the very problems they are creating. And what do we the voters do? That's right, re-elect them. Then what do you know. The problems grow. This doesn't seem to be working too well. Why don't we try something new and bold? Why not vote in new blood? Oh wait, can't do that, might loose too many government freebees. Forget that, what was I thinking.:sarcastic:

father-of-three

I am waiting for the day when people will NOT forget about these things when election day comes. New blood is not a guarantee of higher morals, but it can be a start. Not once did the supposedly compromising President consider Obamacare to be a compromise issue (Repealing this legislation would save lots of money, probably more than the Boehner Bill would!). Now that Congress is divided, there's all this talk about the importance of compromising. I don't remember any compromising from Congress or the President in 2009 or 2010, but the claim was made by some on the left that the basically powerless GOP at that time was ruining the nation!

I worry that things need to get substantially worse before they can get better.

Tucker's Mom

I still think that these 545 and the whole judicial bench warmers should have two terms in office and not be allowed to run for office anymore. Then we have newer blood who can replace those ones that went. Most of these incumbents really need to find a real job in real life and have their career in politics just part of their resume. Give everyone a chance to prove themselves and walk the talk instead of just being the side dish of the sitting ones.

fuhr52

Mom you just posted the key word "career". The framers never intended our elected rep's to make this brief appointment a career. This evolved over time. Get rid of their lavish retirement program they created for themselves and maybe they won't stick around. I know, fat chance.

Grognard Gunny

The founders made two very serious and almost inexcusable errors;

1) They assumed that only honorable and upright men (women) would seek office at the highest levels of the Government.

2) They never saw the advent of the "professional politician".

The first was negated through years of greed and "What's in it for me?" attitudes throughout the Nation.

The second was responsible for the "Bread and Circuses" approach to vote buying and Party loyalty. (One of the root causes of our present financial problems.)

GG

BC1

I am waiting for the day when people will NOT forget about these things when election day comes. New blood is not a guarantee of higher morals, but it can be a start. Not once did the supposedly compromising President consider Obamacare to be a compromise issue (Repealing this legislation would save lots of money, probably more than the Boehner Bill would!). Now that Congress is divided, there's all this talk about the importance of compromising. I don't remember any compromising from Congress or the President in 2009 or 2010, but the claim was made by some on the left that the basically powerless GOP at that time was ruining the nation!

I worry that things need to get substantially worse before they can get better.
The media gets everyone's head twisted around. Most people get their facts from the news, which isw decidedly "left" leaning. Those who don't listen to the news are uninformed while those who do listen are ill-informed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlynn610