Police: Wife shot and killed at New Jersey church

HK4U

Another tragic shooting in a church.

The gunman fled, and police were searching for him and warned people that he was believed to be armed.

Seeing as how he had just shot 3 people I would say that was a pretty good bet.

Link Removed

CLIFTON, N.J. – A gunman drove across the country to confront his estranged wife, then killed her in a church vestibule as Sunday services let out, authorities said. Two other people were injured in the attack, which sent churchgoers scrambling for safety.

The gunman fled, and police were searching for him and warned people that he was believed to be armed.

About 200 people were attending services inside St. Thomas Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church in Clifton when the gunman opened fire before noon. Churchgoers described bedlam after the shots rang out.

"Kids were crying. People were screaming," Suja Alummoottil told The Record of Bergen County. "It was chaotic."

Police Detective Capt. Robert Rowan identified the slain woman as 24-year-old Reshma James and the gunman as 27-year-old Joseph M. Pallipurath of Sacramento, Calif.

Police did not identify the other two victims, but Rowan told The Star-Ledger of Newark that all three were shot in the head and that the other two, a 47-year-old woman and 23-year-old man, were in critical condition.

A spokeswoman for St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson, where the victims were being treated, declined to comment on their conditions.

Alummoottil, 40, said Pallipurath appeared angry when he confronted James in the vestibule as the service was concluding. Alummoottil said she went to get help and, a few seconds later, heard three shots.

Rowan said James had recently moved from California to New Jersey to escape an abusive marriage and had filed a restraining order against Pallipurath.

Members of the church are mostly first-generation immigrants and their children from the southern Indian state of Kerala, according to the church's Web site

With a CHL, it's legal to carry in a church in Texas. I've always thought that's the last place I would need it, so I leave it in the car. Starting to think otherwise.

With a CHL, it's legal to carry in a church in Texas. I've always thought that's the last place I would need it, so I leave it in the car. Starting to think otherwise.

Technically it is not legal but for the law to be binding the church must post the state 30.06 sign at all doors or have someone standing at each giving out verbal or written notice that firearms are not allowed. I do not know off hand of any that does that. If you think it is not needed in church remember the shooting at Wedgewood Baptist?

Second Victim Dies In NJ Church Shooting

CLIFTON, N.J. -- Authorities say a second victim of a shooting rampage inside a Clifton church has died, and the lone survivor is in "extremely critical" condition.

Police are searching for the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph M. Pallipurath of Sacramento, Calif., in Georgia, where he has relatives.

He's wanted in the killing of his estranged wife, 24-year-old Reshma James, who was gunned down inside St. Thomas Syrian Orthodox Knanaya Church in Clifton on Sunday. Early Monday morning, 23-year-old John Dennis, a second victim of the shooting, died from his wounds

Dennis was shot along with James and her cousin, Silvy Perincheril. A prosecutor says the 47-year-old cousin is in "extremely critical" condition.

Very sad. A year ago or so I chose not to carry my handgun to church. It was the only place I could legally carry that I chose not too. In the past year I have had a change of heart. I carry my Kel-tec P3at to church with me every Sunday.

Here is on story on the Wedgewood shooting in the 1990's. One of my daughter's best friends was their that night and saw the whole thing. She had planned to invite my daughter but did not get around to it. If you read this story check out President Clinton's response. I think we all understand what he was refering to. Just remember any place you think is safe is not.

Link Removed

Here is on story on the Wedgewood shooting in the 1990's. One of my daughter's best friends was their that night and saw the whole thing. She had planned to invite my daughter but did not get around to it. If you read this story check out President Clinton's response. I think we all understand what he was refering to. Just remember any place you think is safe is not.

Link Removed

I didn't know that they made a M1 pistol, much less in 9mm. :rolleyes: I sure wish the media would properly report the facts. '

As for Clinton, I'm glad he didn't make his intentions clear in his statement. I commend him for not using the tragic incident as an opportunity to make a political statement.

I interpreted his statement as more of us need to CC in church. :wink: Being that this type of incident is bound to happen again, we should all CC whenever and wherever legal.

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back