Police Kill Man Who Stomped Baby to Death

Without knowing the details, it's impossible to say. Maybe there was no one around with the physical capacity necessary to do the job. The witnesses could have been a bunch of old people and some 90 lb Thai women. Maybe it was the "gruesome witness effect" where everyone is so paralyzed by a horrible sight that no one can act. Maybe they tried to stop him and he was simply too crazy to drag him away effectively. People can be really strong when they're totally nuts.

More than likely, the baby was already obviously dead within seconds. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to go fight a PCP maniac over a dead infant unless it's mine.

All I'm saying is, don't judge people unless you know the full circumstances. You might think someone is a worthless coward until you're in their place.

This is obviously terrible though...not just the death of an infant, but the emotional pain of all who knew them, and the fact that the baby got cheated out of a life. The main thing to take away from this is (1) intervene if you see something bad happening, and (2) if you have any mentally ill family or friends who becoming ragingly violent, keep them away from children.

+1 Well put Toreskha, but I do disagree about the "90 lb Thai women" part. I've seen many Thai women in the 90 - 100lb range who would be able to put a guy three times their weight on their back. ;)

gf

That makes the most sense, Toreskha - the child was probably obviously dead by the time a crowd gathered. That explains why nobody intervened effectively.

You're right, it was unfair for me to be judgmental towards the witnesses, I guess this story really got under my skin.

:(

As a state Correctional Officer at a med/max security prison I can honestly say that this does not surprise me in the least. There are sicker people than this out there and they don't look any different than any of us. Always carry and have a plan!

This type of story where you have people that will watch while someone is being attacked and do nothing is disturbing and not all that rare. There was a case back in the 1960's in NYC where a woman was being attacked by a man with a knife. She screamed for help over and over. A number of people looked out their windows and doors, as many as twenty or more I think, Some even yelled at her to shut up. The attacker walked away and came back to stab her a number of times. She died because no one would help.

That makes the most sense, Toreskha - the child was probably obviously dead by the time a crowd gathered. That explains why nobody intervened effectively.

You're right, it was unfair for me to be judgmental towards the witnesses, I guess this story really got under my skin.

:(
It gets under my skin too...my least favorite thing is to see a child harmed.

This guy was probably one of those people who is totally out of it though, walking around and talking to "people" next to him. He might not even be aware of reality in the same way that we are. Punishment and revenge do not mean anything to people who are seriously insane.

There's probably someone in this situation who never should have let this guy drive around at all, much less with a kid in the car. There was a time when people like this would have been committed to a mental institution and not allowed to leave.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back