Police Confirm 1 Dead In UPMC Hospital Shooting

KimberPB

I'd love to know who stopped the shooter! I know that hospitals are on many states off limits list. Does anyone know if this is true in PA?

Link Removed

CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Pennsylvania State Police are at the scene of a shooting inside UPMC Northwest Regional Hospital in Cranberry Township, Venango County, about an hour and a half north of Pittsburgh.

Police are only saying that shots were fired inside the hospital and that a suspect is dead.

Police would not say how the suspect died or whether there were any other injuries.

Update

Link Removed

CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Pennsylvania State Police said two people were killed in an apparent murder-suicide inside UPMC Northwest Regional Hospital in Cranberry Township, Venango County, about an hour and a half north of Pittsburgh.

According to police, Robert Riddle, 75, of Oil City, shot and killed his ailing wife before killing himself.

At this time, police have not said what 74-year-old Shirley Riddle's illness was.

We just had a guy shoot himself in the parking lot of the community hospital in New Port Richey.

NO STINKIN WAY! I thought you were not suppose to have a gun on any hospital property! Don't people know that you can get in trouble for taking a gun to a hospital? :rolleyes: :cool:

Thanks.
Now I have something to show my state legislators that illustrates my point tht hospitals and churches should not be on the no gun list.
First and formost,of course,this is a tragedy and I am saddened by it.

Years ago

I worked at Grady Hospital in Atlanta and about half our security people were armed. We had gunfire inside the building a couple of times a year - gangs would follow ambulances to try and finish the job, domestic fights continuing the same way, etc. Lots of tragedy around hospitals.

I work in an ER and, unfortunately here in MO, hospitals are off-limits (to us GG's, anyway). It's pretty scary the number of times our staff has been threatened with bodily harm by drunks/drug seekers/etc and then have to walk across a dimly lit parking lot after midnight to get to their cars. Yes, we have security guards, but they are mostly in their 60's and 70's and have several health problems. And no, they aren't armed either (not even Tazers or pepper spray). I'm really surprised we haven't had more violence so far. I can only hope that our lawmakers will someday come to their senses about "gun free zones."

I think as a whole things are getting better for us. Whether the lawmakers will ever understand that gun free zones do nothing but increase the risk of violence I doubt. I am afraid there are too many groups fighting it. We must let our legislature know what the majority want. Perhaps if enough people voice their opinions the government might even care.

When I met my wife, she worked in a hospital..she was raped in their parking lot..she really thought she was going to die that night! So much for security, eh?

When I met my wife, she worked in a hospital..she was raped in their parking lot..she really thought she was going to die that night! So much for security, eh?

That's horrible. I am glad she is ok. I am not surprised at the security. There is no way security/police can be everywhere at once. I am sure they do the best they can, it's simply just not possible

lies...

i am the grand daughter of Robert and Shirley riddle and me and my family do not appreciate the things that you are saying on your website. if you really want to know so bad yes he did kill my grandmother and then himself but it was not out of hate it was out of love. my grandmother had Alzheimer for 11 years she got out of bed one morning and fell and broke her sternum and had internal bleeding. my grandfather couldnt see himself living alone and he couldnt stand to see his wife suffer any longer and that is why he did it. so you should get you facts right before you post shit online you need to think about how it makes my family feel to read all of your lies.

Laura, we're sorry for your loss and your trauma. I, too, have a very close relative suffering from Alzeiheimers and I know about the heartbreak as I had taken personal care of this relative until I had to put her in a nursing home.

I did not notice anyone on this site disparaging your family. Some have commented on what a tragedy it was; several talked about how guns are able to find their way into gun free zones, such as hospitals. For the most part, people who post on this site are NOT gun-slinging cowboys but are thoughtful people with families of their own.

Your grandpa did what he thought he had to do. But...But...there could well have been a myriad of other outcomes from his approach, some of which might have prevented him from carrying out his heartbreaking mission or might have cost others their lives.

Again, I'm very sorry for you and your family. I hope you can find some peace.

Yes Ma'am, I have to echo what JJF has said as well. I am sorry for your loss. I do understand having lost family members to that disease and also having a brother commit suicide with a shotgun, I understand your anger. I did reread all of the posts and I do not see anything to justify your anger with this site. My prayers are with you and your family. I truely pray you can find peace.

Thanks.
Now I have something to show my state legislators that illustrates my point tht hospitals and churches should not be on the no gun list.
First and formost,of course,this is a tragedy and I am saddened by it.

Hospital carry is legal out here......churches,not so much....

i am the grand daughter of Robert and Shirley riddle and me and my family do not appreciate the things that you are saying on your website. if you really want to know so bad yes he did kill my grandmother and then himself but it was not out of hate it was out of love. my grandmother had Alzheimer for 11 years she got out of bed one morning and fell and broke her sternum and had internal bleeding. my grandfather couldnt see himself living alone and he couldnt stand to see his wife suffer any longer and that is why he did it. so you should get you facts right before you post shit online you need to think about how it makes my family feel to read all of your lies.

So sorry for your loss....My condolences to you and your entire family...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back