Police brace for 911 calls as open carry starts Jan. 1 across Texas

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
Police across Texas are bracing for a spike in 911 calls when the state’s open carry law takes effect Jan. 1 and panicked citizens start seeing handguns on people’s hips

Link Removed

Police across Texas are bracing for a spike in 911 calls when the state’s open carry law takes effect Jan. 1 and panicked citizens start seeing handguns on people’s hips

Link Removed

Gee, guess they have never been to an Arizona Walmart on a Sunday, in Arizona.

Link Removed
It's good for police to anticipate MWAG calls. It'll take a little time for the public to acclimate, but they will.

Yep, I am sure that some will expect the streets to run with blood. Nice to see the new year off to a start with such hysteria. Some things'll never change.
I can't say that the streets will run with blood, but I guarantee 100% that EVERYTHING will wax worse & worse. You're correct that some things never change. One of those things is the Word of God proclaiming that we are living in the final days of this The Last Generation. Another is the IGNORANCE of MAN, and it's more than obvious that IGNORANCE is the hallmark of this Last Generation. Another is the NATURE of MAN. Man's heart is sinful and doesn't understand the way of peace. ISRAEL is God's Prophetic Timepiece and one way or another presently, the whole world is at war. Be assured that an election in 2016 will be that least of anyone's concern. No hysteria, just a fact, ALL IS A CHARADE. This time next year the world is most likely to be unrecognizable.

Kind of on the flip side of the coin, would anyone be surprised if an impatient open carrier got arrested tonight for exposing his modern handgun before midnight? It would be a sign of what's to come with the phone calls if cops actually pressed it that far tonight. The "bonus" for the cops would be that the CHL of the arrestee could be yanked and even tomorrow the OC'er couldn't OC because the revised law still requires a permission slip to OC.

It would not surprise me to see/hear of several of the above-described arrests happen, but if I were a bettin' man, I'd wager on at least one happening in any case.

Blues

Texas Governor Challenges Obama on Gun Control: ‘Come and Take It’
Governor invokes revolutionary battle cry in defense of Texans' Second Amendment rights
Link Removed

Blood flowed in the streets as people engaged in “wild west” shootouts just hours after Texans began exercising their rights to openly carry holstered handguns, just as gun control supporters claimed would happen.

After months of waiting, the open carry of firearms in Texas officially became the law early Friday morning. While the law has plenty of support and opposition, you will now begin to see guns carried in most places in the state.

Open carry will be allowed wherever concealed carry already is. The new law will let license holders carry their handguns in plain view, as long as the gun is in a shoulder or belt holster. But, many places will still have the option to keep open carry off their property.

The new law doesn’t allow open carry at schools, sporting events, or bars. Churches and places where government meetings are held can ban handguns as long as signs with the proper language are conspicuously posted.

Businesses can also ban handguns with the proper language and some already have announced they will prohibit open carry.

Oh, wait… nothing happened. Just as it did in the 45 states that had open carry before Texas did.

Link Removed

Gee, guess they have never been to an Arizona Walmart on a Sunday, in Arizona.

Where else would a Walmart in Arizona be? :)

Carry all the time open in AZ, no problem, will most likely be non issue here with properly informed police and dispatchers. The act of open carrying here, by the way is NOT probable cause for an officer to stop you and check ID. If they do stop you, present taxed id, comply, then request reason for stop, complaint, request name of person complaining, no name, no probable cause. Exercise your civil law suit laws and sue person making false complaint. Just saying. Again most likely will be a non issue.

Oklahoma is one of the many open carry states. I very seldom see anyone carrying completely out in the open, other than law enforcement officers, etc. I've not yet been privy to any of the "wild west" shootouts predicted by the left-leaning individuals in our country. Don't quote me, because I'm often wrong, (or so my wife tells me) but I don't think there has been a shooting carried out by a licensed carry holder in the State of Oklahoma. As in most states, we are heavily vetted before being allowed to carry concealed. That's why it takes so long to actually have a license issued after we qualify and send in our paperwork. I don't know anyone personally who claimed they'd been "fast-tracked" with little vetting. I wish the Libs would just move to a country where no-one can own a firearm..........then maybe they'd see why we are fortunate enough to have the Second Amendment to our Constitution. (at least until our gooberment destroys it)

I can not for the life of me understand why Texas is considered more gun friendly than Nevada. Permitless open carry has always been legal here and most no gun signs carry no weight of law.

Well here it is, it's April and everybody's got a 30.07 signs up all over.
Yes there are a lot of 30.07 signs (no open carry). These signs don't bother me. 30.06 signs (no concealed carry) do bother me. Fortunately not too many of them. A lot of stores do not have either sign, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, just to name a few. There is a super nice website that has a map where you can see which businesses are posted and which are not. Oh yes, the 51% signs mean that a business gets more than 51% of revenue from sales of alcohol to be consumed on premises. You can't carry there at all.

Anyone able to report on how many 911 calls occurred on January 1, 2016 versus December 1, 2015?

Oh, wait a minute. I can: “We do not have anything interesting to report,” Cpl. Tracey Knight of the Fort Worth Police Department said to a local newspaper, the Star-Telegram. “Two calls so far, no issues. We have no concerns and we have had no problems.”

Open carry in Texas 'much ado about nothing,' despite doomsayers' predictions | Fox News

Imagine that - just like every other state in the union. Yet when the legalization of open carry topic comes up in a state there are always those that predict mass panic and a flood of 911 calls - usually fueled police associations' opposition to the continued restoration of Joe Citizen's 2nd Amendment rights. Same exact scenario happened in Oklahoma over the legalization of open carry.

Well here it is, it's April and everybody's got a 30.07 signs up all over.

Now the middle of May, and I've only seen one 30.07 sign. It's at the Pilot truck stop in my town. I guess you guys who've seen multiple signs must be in one of the Metro-messes, but I live in a pretty small town. We go to medium sized cities to eat out and do some varied shopping, but I haven't seen any signs in those cities.
I've only seen one or two other folks carrying openly, here or in Oklahoma.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back