Pointless No Gun Signs - Can You Carry In Florida Airports?

I know this may be a silly question, as I have never traveled with my weapon, but.... since the firearm is 'checked baggage', when you reach your destination does the airline just dump it out on the carousel with the other bags? I'm always paranoid about someone walking off with my baggage, much less my firearm.

I would assume that an airline rep would walk it up and match baggage claim numbers.

Last edited:
I know this may be a silly question, as I have never traveled with my weapon, but.... since the firearm is 'checked baggage', when you reach your destination does the airline just dump it out on the carousel with the other bags? I'm always paranoid about someone walking off with my baggage, much less my firearm.

I would assume that an airline rep would walk it up and match baggage claim numbers.

In a perfect world! Heck, you're lucky sometimes to get a TSA employee AND an airline employee who both understand the regs! My handguns go in a hardsided lock box, and that goes inside my regular baggage. That bag gets treated like any other baggage the airline carries. The only thing is that the outside bag AND the inner gun box are each locked......and by a differently keyed lock.

In a perfect world! Heck, you're lucky sometimes to get a TSA employee AND an airline employee who both understand the regs! My handguns go in a hardsided lock box, and that goes inside my regular baggage. That bag gets treated like any other baggage the airline carries. The only thing is that the outside bag AND the inner gun box are each locked......and by a differently keyed lock.

Yep it comes out with all the other bags. Last flight I took I made the connecting flight but my bag didn't. They said they would have the bag delievered but I went back up to the airport when the next flight was due in and sure enough out popped my bag.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back