Pocket Pistols?

JHart

I'm currently in the market for a semi auto pistol in 9mm or larger suitable for pocket carry. Current carry is a XD9sc, but would like a lighter pistol for those hot summer days. I've got my sights on a Kahr CM9, but just wanted to get some other opinions before I buy. Thanks.

What is your dimensions? I have not yet come across a 9mm that fits in a pocket comfortably, only the .380. I haven't held an lc9, only am sr9. measurements may only be tenths of an inch, but it makes a huge difference when you slip it into your pocket. I am 5'11" 180 lbs athletic, 34 x 32 pants.

Glock 26 (w/o magazine pinkie finger extender) in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Great in normal khaki pants most cargo shorts and cargo pants. Just make sure to buy pants and shorts with pockets that accommodate it.

Obviously if you want a larger caliber just pick a Glock with same frame size with different caliber like the Glock 27 or others.

I have and like the LC9 but I wouldn't consider it to be a pocket gun. Its to big for pocket carry. IMHO!!

Look at the Kel-Tec PF-9. Light weight and small 9mm. I have carried it in my pocket before but prefer IWB with a N82 Tactical holster.

Mike

kel-tec P3AT is a 380 but fits anywhere. i am very pleased with mine. i forget it's there with a oak mountain iwb

Thanks for the replies. Heading to the range, they've got a LC9 in their rental stock so I'm planning to give it a try. Used a friends LCP and Keltec and do like them but was hoping for a 9mm mainly for ammo compatibility with my regular carry.

May I suggest looking at the Boberg SR9c. They are now in production and clearing their pre-order backlog. Read the specs, look at the information in various locations, watch the videos, and run through the forums.

It is rated for +P. Generates around 25% more muzzle energy than comparable size pistols because of a unique loading system. Very carefully engineered. Relatively low felt recoil. Quality expected to be extremely high. Expensive, but less than some of the other high end pocket 9s. Excellent trigger action. Get in line. When this thing gets better known I think is is going to be a real winner. And it is hard to just eat one. People started pre-ordering around three or four years ago. No money taken; but a list made. He is down to the beginning of 2010 and expects to have stock this fall.

Glock 26 (w/o magazine pinkie finger extender) in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Great in normal khaki pants most cargo shorts and cargo pants. Just make sure to buy pants and shorts with pockets that accommodate it.

Glock 26 WITH the pinkie extention. It keeps the pinkie from a nose attraction.

Link Removed

I like the Kel-Tec PF-9, too. Nice in a pocket holster or Super tuck or CompTac Minataur. Might try SmartCarry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back