Pocket pistol

arikk

Bonds arms has several different types of guns. I myself have a defender 45.. It carries 2 bullets or two slugs.also can change different barrels. I Love the holster with this. It's easy access and fits the gun like a glove. My husband likes it so well. He getting a snake slyer.Please check them out. No I don't work from them either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

I have one that I carry around the farm for snakes. I also use it for a backup gun. Mine is in .357 I use shot loads for the snakes. My reason for purchasing it was to use as a demo in the classes I teach. Well made little gun and fun to shoot.

I prefer the Kel tec P-32 in .32 acp. Mine has been flawless in 300 rounds since buying it new. It holds 7+1 is thin, easy to conceal, lightweight and dependable. IMO the perfect pocket pistol. :dirol:

Holy cow! Only 300 rounds since new?!
I wouldn't carry any pocket gun until it surpassed the 500 round mark first!
That's the very least I accept with mine.

I agree that 300 rounds is not enough to break the gun in... also 300 rounds is not enough practice to be proficient in it's deployment...

I started carrying the P-32 after the first 50 flawless rounds. Remember it is for up close and personal, a get off me gun. Point and shoot. Not made for shooting someone at 15 yards, though you could if you can shoot well. :dirol:

If your use that as your only gun. You should put more rounds in. However I solely use my US defender as a back up gun.

I started carrying the P-32 after the first 50 flawless rounds. Remember it is for up close and personal, a get off me gun. Point and shoot. Not made for shooting someone at 15 yards, though you could if you can shoot well. :dirol:
Let me give you a slice of life..... I think it might be a good thread to start... At what point to a potential threat become a fear of life threat.
I'm point is out because, if you carry for close up only, you could loose yourlife, with an inadequate weapon that could have turned the situation around. 25 years ago I was blocked in by a car load of thugs... 4 guys... windows down on a hot summer night at 2 am. the music was blaring and I looked over to see what the commotion was.. I was in a very bad part of town, out in the boonies very near the airport, with nothing but marsh land around and no people... there were street lights. I was in the left turn lane with a truck in front of me.. this car stopped right next to me.. and there was No cars in front of them ( meaning they stopped next to me on purpose.) I looked over with a disgusted look on my face.. immediately this group of low life's, yelled out; "what are you looking at "White Boy " I said " Not much ".. to that they started to get out of their car saying " we are going to fux you up white boy".. I was blocked in.. high cement divider on my left, truck in front.. cement divider behind me.. and this car blocking me in... they came out ( 3 of them not the driver) one had a bat or a pipe.. ( it was 2 am )... at that time I was carrying my 6" nickel 357 magnum Colt Python.( it was 25 years ago ) they were coming at me from the right side of my car coming around to my side of my car... at the point I exited my car with my weapon drawn. they were 15 feet from me, and not close up... they were 2 feet in front of my right front fender.. I drew my weapon, with the mind set that I had a green light to shoot.. this went through my mind 20 times in the time it took them to show their intentions. ( about 5 seconds. ) I pointed my weapon at the guy with the bat, and said Leave right now or I will kill you. to which they threw their hands up, backed away.. got back in their car and drove off.. I was prepared to kill them but luckily, the bling of a big gun, and my unwavering stand, was enough to prove I was ready to kill them... it was a very bad situation that turned out well, without cops, lawyers and no one died. If they crossed over the line, things would have been much different, but they were smart enough to take my gift.... not sure a little black 32 would have offered the same visual impact.. but IM happy I had that Big shiny Python. IM also happy I did not have to use it, but was fully prepared to pull the trigger.

MY point to this was you can never tell exactly how the threat will come down..you can not assume that a threat will be at arms length... I would much rather be prepared for a threat at 20 feet, and stop that threat at 19 feet, way before a bag guy or two could get their hands on me.

Just some fodder for discussion.. : " how far away( distance ) is a threat of fear of life situation" ?.. also age an health has something to do with this equation too. things to consider when preparing for a threat... a 20 or 30 year old could run away from a threat from 50 yards, but not a 60 or 70 year old with a bad heart or bad knees. ( just an example )

The difference in that scenario with a P-32 is I would have shot right away. Whether I hit him or not, he would know they were facing a gun and would most likely have left also. The P-32 would still put me in a better position than having no gun. Also, I carry a Bersa Thunder .32 acp which has a 3.5 barrel and holds 10 + 1 so it gives me a better shot at that distance. :dirol:

Glad you feel protected. I would never carry such a tiny caliber. The job is to stop the assailant and I don't believe the .32 has enough power to do that.

Glad you feel protected. I would never carry such a tiny caliber. The job is to stop the assailant and I don't believe the .32 has enough power to do that.

No need to argue with a troll. I had useless discussions with him about his obsession for small calibers before. Note that his Bersa Thunder .32 ACP was discontinued, as Bersa doesn't see a market for it.

To each their own. I feel a quick double tap of .32 acp will do some damage. No? I have to have a .45? Too bad, I don't carry a .45
:dirol:

ANYONE who says this or that caliber isnt enough should by default be required to submit to being shot with that particular caliber..... that being said, if anyone ever found out you shot them with a .25, they might get mad at you.....

Why Did Cops GO To A Higher Caliber Then. They use to carry 9mm. I have friends that are cops. They say because Thuds are on drugs and still keep coming strong at them. There are several police departments like this and they deal with this everday. You going to tell me they don't know what they are talking about..I don't think so. Your life is worth a 25 go right ahead.....
As for me and my family 45 amd then some.

Why Did Cops GO To A Higher Caliber Then. They use to carry 9mm. I have friends that are cops. They say because Thuds are on drugs and still keep coming strong at them. There are several police departments like this and they deal with this everday. You going to tell me they don't know what they are talking about..I don't think so. Your life is worth a 25 go right ahead.....
As for me and my family 45 amd then some.

you might try some reading comprehension BEFORE posting again....

I don't have to I got that verbal information from a police officer who also served in combat and over seas. So I'm sorry I attend to believe a live human being that actually lived it than a bunch of articles.

I don't have to I got that verbal information from a police officer who also served in combat and over seas. So I'm sorry I attend to believe a live human being that actually lived it than a bunch of articles.

My ENTIRE post went so far over your head you wouldnt have been able to see it if you were looking up and using binoculars.... l suggest you go learn how to read.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

Handgun caliber discussions are always fun. Whatever you choose to carry, make sure that decision is based on facts and not fiction. Also, make sure to get information from multiple, reputable sources. In any case, there is no such thing as the ultimate or best handgun caliber. There are always tradeoffs, such as different terminal ballistics, magazine capacity, and recoil.

Note that cluznar has a personal agenda. Also note that quite a few Internet articles on handgun caliber effectiveness are written by actual experts, such a medical examiners and ER doctors. Some of these articles are outdated due to the advances in personal defense ammunition in the last 15 years. However, the measurement for handgun caliber effectiveness (such as bullet penetration, expansion, and barrier performance) is still the same. Most of the handgun caliber fiction is spread by self-proclaimed experts that have some LEO or military experience, but really no idea what they are talking about. Just one food of thought for you: 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP are all very close in terminal ballistics.

PS: My source for choosing 9mm and carrying Glocks is, among others, James Yeager, a former Tennessee police officer, a former security contractor in Irak, and the MFCEO of Tactical Response.

It didn't go over my head. .. I just don't tend to agree with you... ;)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back