Pocket pistol

WOW. I started from the bottom reading this. How did it go south. Ok. I am glad you have this, I have seen them advertised and the price for me and mine is a bit much for what you get. That said I would like to say the J frame five shot Smith works well for my back pocket walking around the Scorpion Ranch here. My wife only carries revolvers and in the World I either carry the Glock or Kimber. As to snake charmer I put some shot together for that over 20 years ago and have yet to need to use any. But I would have to be in danger from one to kill it.

(Sent via two way radio/dot-dash-dot using a really big drum and hammer)

Bonds arms has several different types of guns. I myself have a defender 45.. It carries 2 bullets or two slugs.also can change different barrels. I Love the holster with this. It's easy access and fits the gun like a glove. My husband likes it so well. He getting a snake slyer.Please check them out. No I don't work from them either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Yes we also have glocks for the world which I am confident in

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

The thread got off the rails at post #3, which was the poster's intention.

Back to the OP, in general, I find Derringer-size handguns unsuitable as self defense backup guns. They are either 2-shot pistols in a reasonable caliber, like .45 ACP, or 5-shot revolvers in an underpowered caliber, like .22lr.

In any case, they are simply too small to allow efficient use under stress. Realize that you have to draw this gun out of a pocket. The smaller the gun the more difficult it is to get a good grip on it and to get it out of the pocket and its pocket holster. Then you have to disengage the safety and/or cock the hammer, again on a tiny pistol under stress with reduced fine motor skills.

As for killing snakes, they are a protected species in my state (Tennessee) and shooting them (or any wild animal) in self defense was illegal until recently (April 17). Tennessee House Bill 135 changed that:

As introduced, specifies that it is not an offense to kill or injure a threatening wild animal in self-defense or in defense of property; creates a Class C misdemeanor for failure to report the incident. - Amends TCA Title 39 and Title 70.

Shooting snakes may be still illegal in your state and it still is in Tennessee if it is not a self-defense situation.

SSSS? (shoot snakes shovel shut up)

Stupid "laws" dont get enforced if you dont let anyone know you "broke" them..... it is none of ANY STATES or govt's business if you are killing a pest on your own property... Your post is the first time I have ever heard in my 52 years that killing snakes is illegal, ANYWHERE..... My goodness, some of you would follow ANY "law" some idjit makes just because it is the "law"... I suppose we dont have to worry about your kind being armed if they finally succeed in outlawing firearms.......

Stupid "laws" dont get enforced if you dont let anyone know you "broke" them..... it is none of ANY STATES or govt's business if you are killing a pest on your own property... Your post is the first time I have ever heard in my 52 years that killing snakes is illegal, ANYWHERE..... My goodness, some of you would follow ANY "law" some idjit makes just because it is the "law"... I suppose we dont have to worry about your kind being armed if they finally succeed in outlawing firearms.......

Bofa was just stating the law, no need to attack him axe. If one wants to break a law they see unfit, they should do so knowingly, not ignorantly, wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

You do understand that when you fire a round or two on your property or while hiking on a trail, you likely will not be the only one hearing it? There may be even eye witnesses, especially if you live within city limits or hike in a highly frequented state or national park. Police officers may drive up to your house. When you come down that trail, there may be park rangers or police officers waiting for you. Discharging a firearm for other than self defense may be also illegal in that particular area (e.g., within city limits or an area with hunting regulations). As for the recent change of Tennessee law, there was a reason for it:

Sen. Frank Niceley told News 2 he had a friend face a potential fine from the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) after shooting a threatening bear while hunting wild boar.

“Asking some prosecutors, I discovered Tennessee does not have a self-defense law to protect against you against threatening animals,” said Niceley, who is sponsoring the measure in the Senate.

Rep. Jeremy Faison has a similar story, but it involved his children and a copperhead.

The Cocke County lawmaker posted pictures on Facebook of the snake he killed with a shovel after his kids found it in the family’s backyard in 2013, but a friend told him he could face a fine.

“You are not allowed to kill an animal in Tennessee. Period,” Faison told News 2, “Unless you have a license to kill it. If we have laws that say I can kill a human being if I am threatened by danger, then we ought to be able to at least take the life of an animal if my family or my live is in danger.”

There was a fine for killing an animal in Tennessee without authorization, e.g., hunting permit. Note that there was and still is a fine in Tennessee for failure to report killing an animal.

I am just stating the law in my state. It is up to you to know the laws of your state and to understand the consequences of not following them. If my life is threatened, I don't care about a fine from TWRA. However, I am not running around a state or national park like a yahoo, shooting at every snake that I see.

You do understand that when you fire a round or two on your property or while hiking on a trail, you likely will not be the only one hearing it? There may be even eye witnesses, especially if you live within city limits or hike in a highly frequented state or national park. Police officers may drive up to your house. When you come down that trail, there may be park rangers or police officers waiting for you. Discharging a firearm for other than self defense may be also illegal in that particular area (e.g., within city limits or an area with hunting regulations). As for the recent change of Tennessee law, there was a reason for it:

There was a fine for killing an animal in Tennessee without authorization, e.g., hunting permit. Note that there was and still is a fine in Tennessee for failure to report killing an animal.

I am just stating the law in my state. It is up to you to know the laws of your state and to understand the consequences of not following them. If my life is threatened, I don't care about a fine from TWRA. However, I am not running around a state or national park like a yahoo, shooting at every snake that I see.
On my own property, I can fire any weapon at any time I want, and no-one, even if they have a badge is allowed on my property without a warrant, UNLESS THEY ACTUALLY WITNESSED ME COMMITTING A FELONY...... "hearing" a gunshot is NOT WITNESSING A FELONY... Why are YOU SO SCARED of being free?

BTW.... I NEVER SAID ANYTHING about "on a hiking trail" or being ANYWHERE EXCEPT ON MY OWN PROPERTY.... if you wish to refute or argue a point, MAKE SURE I SAID SOMETHING THAT APPLIES BEFORE YOU TRY AND LECTURE ME ABOUT IT....

Bofa was just stating the law, no need to attack him axe. If one wants to break a law they see unfit, they should do so knowingly, not ignorantly, wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
I very much thought (and still do) the he was pulling "laws" out of his backside..... So I called him out on it....

I guess we found another reason why this thread went off the rails and is about to go off again.

I merely stated the law in Tennessee about killing wildlife, including snakes. It is up to you to know your state's laws. You are responsible for your own actions.

Note that the law in Tennessee about killing wildlife is not very well known, as I stated above, and has gotten people into trouble in the past.

On my own property, I can fire any weapon at any time I want, and no-one, even if they have a badge is allowed on my property without a warrant, UNLESS THEY ACTUALLY WITNESSED ME COMMITTING A FELONY...... "hearing" a gunshot is NOT WITNESSING A FELONY... Why are YOU SO SCARED of being free?

BTW.... I NEVER SAID ANYTHING about "on a hiking trail" or being ANYWHERE EXCEPT ON MY OWN PROPERTY.... if you wish to refute or argue a point, MAKE SURE I SAID SOMETHING THAT APPLIES BEFORE YOU TRY AND LECTURE ME ABOUT IT....

Actually you are wrong. Game Wardens are allowed on your property without a warrant. This is true nationwide and is why detached game wardens are often used in drug operations. They can legally enter your property and even your house without a warrant. I don't know why this is legal but it is. A friend who was a game warden here in Tennessee used to be detached from his normal duties for drug opertions from time to time. I couldn't disclose this while he was still alive because I promised him I wouldn't. He retired and died of cancer a few years back. As for pocket pistols, I like my Kahr CW380 and with Underwood Extreme Defender ammo a 65 grain Extreme Defender will penetrate 12 inches and leave a 2 inch permanent wound cavity. That should be adequate. On a doped up adversary no handgun is a 100% one stop affair unless you hit the brain or sever the spine.

Actually you are wrong. Game Wardens are allowed on your property without a warrant. This is true nationwide and is why detached game wardens are often used in drug operations. They can legally enter your property and even your house without a warrant. I don't know why this is legal but it is. A friend who was a game warden here in Tennessee used to be detached from his normal duties for drug opertions from time to time. I couldn't disclose this while he was still alive because I promised him I wouldn't. He retired and died of cancer a few years back. As for pocket pistols, I like my Kahr CW380 and with Underwood Extreme Defender ammo a 65 grain Extreme Defender will penetrate 12 inches and leave a 2 inch permanent wound cavity. That should be adequate. On a doped up adversary no handgun is a 100% one stop affair unless you hit the brain or sever the spine.

I don't know which planet you live on but there is not one single operative of any government that can walk onto and or into your home or property without a warrant.

Period.

They will be shot.

Period.

I never understood the concept of a pocket pistol. If you're going to pack a gun, don't keep it hidden in your pocket and make yourself look like a sheep, proudly display it on your hip like the sheepdog you know you are.

I don't know which planet you live on but there is not one single operative of any government that can walk onto and or into your home or property without a warrant. Period. They will be shot. Period.

Sometimes I wish that were true; but licensed bounty hunters are allowed by an act of congress to play by a different set of rules. What is more, depending upon specific circumstances, state game wardens are also allowed immediate access to private property. Each can enter onto your property without a warrant; and, if there is active evidence of, either, a crime being committed or an emergency taking place, so can any other police officer!

In particular, bounty hunters have the legal right to enter your premises - without a search warrant - as long as they have a reasonable suspicion that a fugitive is hiding inside. Police and game wardens do need, either, your consent or a search warrant in order to conduct a legal search of your home and/or vehicle; and, thereafter, confiscate any - now 100% admissible - criminal evidence that they might find. A licensed bounty hunter, however, does not. He can just kick the door down, walk right in; AND, under the right set of circumstances, it's entirely legal for him to do so.

Search warrants are required when there's neither an immediate physical threat, nor evidence of a crime presently taking place. Your constitutional guarantee is against UNREASONABLE OR PROMISCUOUS SEARCH AND SEIZURE - That's it! The rest of the time you're, 'fair game'; and both your person and property are available for examination by: civil law enforcement, game wardens, bounty hunters, and emergency medical and rescue personnel.

Sometimes I wish that were true; but licensed bounty hunters are allowed by an act of congress to play by a different set of rules. What is more, depending upon specific circumstances, state game wardens are also allowed immediate access to private property. Each can enter onto your property without a warrant; and, if there is active evidence of, either, a crime being committed or an emergency taking place, so can any other police officer!

In particular, bounty hunters have the legal right to enter your premises - without a search warrant - as long as they have a reasonable suspicion that a fugitive is hiding inside. Police and game wardens do need, either, your consent or a search warrant in order to conduct a legal search of your home and/or vehicle; and, thereafter, confiscate any - now 100% admissible - criminal evidence that they might find. A licensed bounty hunter, however, does not. He can just kick the door down, walk right in; AND, under the right set of circumstances, it's entirely legal for him to do so.

Search warrants are required when there's neither an immediate physical threat, nor evidence of a crime presently taking place. Your constitutional guarantee is against UNREASONABLE OR PROMISCUOUS SEARCH AND SEIZURE - That's it! The rest of the time you're, 'fair game'; and both your person and property are available for examination by: civil law enforcement, game wardens, bounty hunters, and emergency medical and rescue personnel.

Once again.... For the "cheap seats"...

Under the United States Constitution, contained in the 4th and 5th Amendment......

Not one single piece of shyte that works for ANY Guberment agency, does NOT get a "free pass" to violate your Rights...

PERIOD.

Y'all think that because "they" work for the "Guberment" that they have a free pass to just show up and raid your fridge?

You don't happen to live in Boston Ma. Do you?

Do me a favor and cite the verifiable links and sources from your state, or any other, that believes in this "practice" as being legal and Constitutional.

Until then....

Link Removed

Wow, such angst! :eek:

(It's common knowledge, all first year law school stuff. If you want to know more, do your own homework.)

Wow, such angst! :eek:

(It's common knowledge, all first year law school stuff. If you want to know more, do your own homework.)

You posted the information...

Apparently you cannot validate your own assertion....

YOU made the claim..

BACK IT UP or shut up.

Link Removed

Care to cite the laws or court cases to back up your personal opinion?

As for bounty hunters, there is Taylor v. Taintor, 83 U.S. 366 (1872), which is a United States Supreme Court case and not, as you put it, an act of congress. Also, in contrast to your statement, bounty hunters can not enter the property of anyone other than the fugitive without a warrant or the owner's permission. Bounty hunters are usually regulated/licensed at the state level. By the way, the most famous one, Duane Dog Chapman, is a convicted felon and is prohibited from possessing firearms.

Care to cite the laws or court cases to back up your personal opinion?

As for bounty hunters, there is Taylor v. Taintor, 83 U.S. 366 (1872), which is a United States Supreme Court case and not, as you put it, an act of congress. Also, in contrast to your statement, bounty hunters can not enter the property of anyone other than the fugitive without a warrant or the owner's permission. Bounty hunters are usually regulated/licensed at the state level. By the way, the most famous one, Duane Dog Chapman, is a convicted felon and is prohibited from possessing firearms.

Link Removed

Yes, that’s right. Under the 8th amendment the issue of bail is addressed in the Constitution; but it did, indeed, take the Supreme Court to first qualify how bail might be recouped. In recent years the Court’s original bounty hunter ruling has continued to change and be reinterpreted - Mostly on the level of state government. Still, for many decades and in some states, even today, bounty hunters can enter into a home without a warrant; and that’s the point I’d hoped to make. Don’t go shooting no bounty hunter, or game warden if he enters onto your property, or kicks in your front door because, depending upon where you live, you might be charged with murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_hunter

Bounty Hunting History - HowStuffWorks

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back