Pocket holster for my new S&W Bodyguard .380

mdw1003

Just got my new Bodyguard at a local gun show today. Now need get a good pocket holster. Recommendations would be appreciated. Off to the range on Monday to break it in!

Thanks!!

I pocket carry my Kahr CM9 in a galco pocket protector holster when making a quick trip. Normally, I'll carry in my kingtuc iwb.

I have about 4 holsters for my Bodyguard .380. 2 are pocket holsters and 2 are IWB. Here's my mini-review of each:

Desantis Nemesis (pocket holster):
Best pocket holster I've tried. It fits the gun like a glove and stays in the pocket everytime when you draw. In fact, my gun pretty much lives in this holster whether it's in my pocket or not. I usually keep this holster wedged in the center console of my vehicle to I can just drop the gun in it and keep it ready to go. (GA has some great gun laws)

Generic pocket holster (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA917-33.html):
Bought this holster because it was only about $5 and it was a waste of money even at that price. It's not molded to the gun so the gun is very loose in this holster. One thing I did learn from this was that with a small gun like the BG, you want to get a fitted holster not a generic one.

Desantis The Insider (IWB):
This is my favorite IWB holster because of how thin it is. It fits the gun snugly and securely. The only thing I wish it had was an adjustable cant, but even still it's still my favorite IWB holster because it's so thin.

Desantis Sof Tuck (IWB):
I got this holster in yesterday so the verdict is still out. However my initial impressions are not great. I like the adjustable cant (in fact that's the main reason I bought it) and I had hoped it would be an improvement over The Insider. However my issue with the holster is with it's bulk. Part of that bulk is the adjustable clip. This holster is about twice as thick as The Insider (without having it in front of me to compare). One thing it does well though is stay open. This holster has a double layer of leather at the opening which is quite stiff. So stiff that it tends to bow out making the holster even thicker. Granted that should be less of a problem once the holster is broken in. I hope that the Sof Tuck works out because I really like the adjustable cant, but today, the first day I've had the Sof Tuck, I'm not wearing it.

I really like my Bodyguard 380 though. It's incredibly thin and small so I have no excuse to not carry.

DeSantis Nemesis is awesome. Barely prints and stays put when the BG is drawn. Be careful cleaning the BG, I got some oil in the laser housing and fried it. At least that is what I think happened. I emailed S&W and they said to send them the dead one and they will send me a new one.

I tried a couple of holsters and have a couple more on the way. I carry a Kahr CM9.

First, just a cheap "Uncle Mike's" holster, which certainly does the job but you do have to press it against your leg to get the holster to stay behind. It allows a good grip of the gun before you pull it out, however. I had a little bit of a problem with printing.

Second, I found a guy who sells on Ebay, they're called "Trace Tarco" holsters. Leather, very inexpensive ($18) and seem to work well. The benefit is that it has a wallet-like covering on one side so there is absolutely no printing even in the tightest and thinnest of pants. However, it also has a vertical split in this flat side so you can get your fingers in easily. This stays in the pocket on the draw and is very nice. This is probably the best for printing.

Third, Alabama holsters makes thinner Kydex holsters with a bit of a hook on the end to aid in retention. These are thin and don't print much. Thumb tab to push and get your gun out, which is nice. Around $25.

Fourth is Desantis Nemesis holster. Sticky and helps in retention, doesn't print too bad. Nothing really superior over the others though.

I really like the Trace Tarco and the Kydex one. The others are so-so in my opinion but then again, I typically wear slacks or cargo shorts.

This video might be helpful to you:

I tried a couple of holsters and have a couple more on the way. I carry a Kahr CM9.

First, just a cheap "Uncle Mike's" holster, which certainly does the job but you do have to press it against your leg to get the holster to stay behind. It allows a good grip of the gun before you pull it out, however. I had a little bit of a problem with printing.

Second, I found a guy who sells on Ebay, they're called "Trace Tarco" holsters. Leather, very inexpensive ($18) and seem to work well. The benefit is that it has a wallet-like covering on one side so there is absolutely no printing even in the tightest and thinnest of pants. However, it also has a vertical split in this flat side so you can get your fingers in easily. This stays in the pocket on the draw and is very nice. This is probably the best for printing.

Third, Alabama holsters makes thinner Kydex holsters with a bit of a hook on the end to aid in retention. These are thin and don't print much. Thumb tab to push and get your gun out, which is nice. Around $25.

Fourth is Desantis Nemesis holster. Sticky and helps in retention, doesn't print too bad. Nothing really superior over the others though.

I really like the Trace Tarco and the Kydex one. The others are so-so in my opinion but then again, I typically wear slacks or cargo shorts.

This video might be helpful to you:

I have a Desantis pocket holster for my S&W 640 J-frame, and it's worked fine for my BG380 so far.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back