Pocket-Carry Advice Wanted

Tea For One

I had a Beretta 21A Bobcat and a Walther TPH previously, but got rid of each due to concern of insufficient stopping power, AND the fact that .22 ammo just didn't cycle reliably in each pistol.

Any advice for other pocket-carry options?

Thanks

tfo

You probably opened up a can of worms here, as everyone has their own opinions. So, I will put in my 2 cents worth for a starter. I carry a S&W 642, with a Mika pocket holster in my front pocket of a pair of Lee jeans. It works for me, doesn't show, and is quite comfortable. The gun is lightweight, but still has the stopping power that would probably be needed. :pleasantry:

I carry a Ruger LCP 380 but the S&W 642 works well also the Ruger is just thinner and lighter but you give up the stopping power of the 642

As always love my P-3AT and my Ruger LCP and highly recommend the pocketholsters.com convertible pocket holster for either. I have CT grips on my LCP. I just find even my Kahr PM9 a bit big for pocket, and the 380's are just the right size.

I generally carry my S&W Airweight Snubby in a Kramer Gunleather Pocket Holster and 2 Bianchi Speed Strip reloads in my front pockets during hot weather. I also carry a Glock 26 in a Kramer Pocket Holster at times. The Glock of course prints more, so I sometimes wear an untucked shirt that covers my pocket area and it covers the bulge of the Glock. I also carry a spare mag in a pocket mag pouch in the other pocket to somewhat counter-balance the pistol. I have several of the Kramer Holsters for pocket carry and have used them to carry a Walther PPK and a Kahr PM9. All are comfortable to carry and easy to conceal. But I'm a big guy.

I use a smith and wesson 442 airweight with a crimson trace laser grip when pocket carrying. I use this holster and feel that I can honestly recommend it Pocket Holsters

I hope this helps.

I carry a Ruger LCP in a Uncle Mike's front pocket holster and it weighs 11 oz.'s and I barely feel it. In my other front pocket I carry my keys and my billfold (I hate sitting on a billfold in my backpocket). I know there is much debate, but the .380 with good defensive ammo is a good weapon. I also run a lot in the countryside on roads alone and I carry pepper spray and sometimes the little Ruger which is lighter actually than a full water bottle of 20 oz. I am content with this set-up.
Best of luck.
Runnerguy

I have the Beretta Tomcat whic is similar to the Bobcat but in 32 cal. More stopping power that a 22 but not perfect With it I have found that some ammo feds o.k. and others not so good so I have to be careful what I use. I think the Ruger LCP or the new Micro Desert Eagle might make a good "mouse" gun. If and when I deciide to get another those would be the ones I would look at.

I'll be using my Kel-Tec P-11 as a pocket gun. I know it's a bit larger than most mouse guns, but it's still small enough to carry in my tac pants, and it's got 11 rounds of 9MM - I didn't want to go to any smaller caliber. And the price was right, too.

I often carry my S&W 340PD in my front pocket in an uncle mike's pocket holster. Very comfortable to carry and packs a punch with .357 mag capability. I switched out the rubber grips a few yrs ago for some beautiful cocobolo grips from Craig Spegel, out in Oregon. It makes the draw from my pocket way faster as the smooth wood grips won't hang up on the pocket lining like the rubber grips tend to do.

I carry a Ruger LCP 380 but the S&W 642 works well also the Ruger is just thinner and lighter but you give up the stopping power of the 642

The 380 auto in either the Ruger LCP or the Kel-Tec P3AT doesn't give up any stopping power to the 642 (+P 38 Spl) if you use the right ammo. Buffalo Bore +P 380 is better than any +P 38 Spl in a snub nose like the 642. Look at this test:

Link Removed

Both the S&W 642 snubby (shrouded hammer) with 38spl +P and Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster or Kahr PM9 with +P rounds and either a Galco pocket horsehide holster or cheaper Uncle Mike's #4 are good pocket carry guns.

The Ruger LCP manual specifically states that +P rounds are not recommended for use in this firearm.

The Ruger LCP manual specifically states that +P rounds are not recommended for use in this firearm.

Kel-Tec says occasional use of +P in the P3AT is permitted. Also, since SAAMI doesn't have a +P pressure for 380 auto, Buffalo Bore (BB) does not exceed the "normal" SAAMI pressure. However, they produce higher velocities than other 380 ammo manufacterers so, they mark their ammo "+P". I use it all of the time in my P3AT so don't worry about your LCP. BB won't hurt it!

I had a Beretta 21A Bobcat and a Walther TPH previously, but got rid of each due to concern of insufficient stopping power, AND the fact that .22 ammo just didn't cycle reliably in each pistol.

Any advice for other pocket-carry options?

Thanks

tfo

Any caliber larger than .380 that will fit in your pocket.

Me? A Taurus 85 titanium 5-shot revolver in .38+P in a Galco pocket holster. So light I often forget it's there. Honest officer.

Diamondback DB380 fits perfectly in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

snow2010003.jpg

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back