Plastic triggers ugggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Deltaring68

Hi friends, does anyone else dislike plastic triggers as much as I? when I went to the gun store to purchase a compact handgun it was the choice between a s&w mp 40 compact and a Taurus 24/7 g2c 40. Well I chose the Taurus due to the nice $400 price tag and my good experience with Taurus firearms. the thing I didn't like about both of these firearms was the plastic triggers. I'm sure the manufacturers used plastic due to weight and cost. But seriously how much lighter would a plastic trigger be than a metal trigger?:rolleyes: the plastic triggers just seem brittle to me.

I also don't care for at least the idea of a plastic trigger. I have a S & W M and P and a Taurus 709 both 9 mm. However, I have never heard of a trigger breaking. Although that doesn't mean that it has never happened.

I'm also not a fan of plastic triggers. My first introduction to them was with supposedly high-end air rifles. I'm sorry to see that propagated to powder burners as well.

I don't mind plastic triggers. I prefer metal, but plastic has worked fine for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Hi friends, does anyone else dislike plastic triggers as much as I? when I went to the gun store to purchase a compact handgun it was the choice between a s&w mp 40 compact and a Taurus 24/7 g2c 40. Well I chose the Taurus due to the nice $400 price tag and my good experience with Taurus firearms. the thing I didn't like about both of these firearms was the plastic triggers. I'm sure the manufacturers used plastic due to weight and cost. But seriously how much lighter would a plastic trigger be than a metal trigger?:rolleyes: the plastic triggers just seem brittle to me.

That's why you should consider purchasing a Glock...
Glock's 'Polymer' trigger's are not 'brittle' whatsoever. :big_boss:

I always felt the down side of plastic triggers was "spongy", not brittle. Glock, xd, Walther, and ruger handguns I have fired have very solid plastic triggers...but the one Walther rifle with a plastic trigger was "bendy." It's usable though, and very accurate, so I had no real issues with it.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I'm not sure if there are metal replacement triggers for a Taurus 24/7 g2c.

You may be right. But I'm sure there is a gun smith out there who could fashion one. Then it would be pricey. So back to the drawing board. Do you buy what you don't like and complain about it, or save a little more and get something you truly like, that you will always carry, and you will always train with. *shrugs*

You may be right. But I'm sure there is a gun smith out there who could fashion one. Then it would be pricey. So back to the drawing board. Do you buy what you don't like and complain about it, or save a little more and get something you truly like, that you will always carry, and you will always train with. *shrugs*

That was not only unhelpfull but flat out confusing!:unsure:

That was not only unhelpfull but flat out confusing!:unsure:

Let me try to clear things up then. The OP likes his new firearm, but doesn't like the plastic trigger. I offered the suggestion of getting a metal one for it. Someone posted that there may not be an aftermarket trigger for this particular firearm. The OP also mentioned he liked the low price of his firearm. I then in turn said a gunsmith could fashion a metal trigger for it, but it could be pricey. I then offered the rhetorical question: Does one buy what one doesn't like and complain about it, or should one save up more money in order to get the firearm one truly likes, will carry, and will train with? That's the ultimate question when buying a firearm. Will you carry it, will you train with it? If one doesn't like certain aspects about a firearm, then it could lead to not carrying it or not training with it.

I've always been an advocate for getting a firearm you truly like in all aspects (even if it is a bit more money) because you will tend to carry it more often and train with it more often.

It sounds (if I'm assuming correctly) this is how you feel about your H&K? However, I would take umbrage that it's the "best gun made". It maybe for you and you may have your reasons for thinking so and that's great if you are carrying it everyday and training with it often. If this is the case, then it's the best gun for you and that's great. I'd love to hear from you why like it so much and why you think it's better than others. But from your response, we don't know why it's the "best gun made".

First off, polymer is just a fancy word for plastic. So idk why that's so important. Second, you are correct, Glock triggers are not brittle but my experience seems to have differed from other's in that I have felt that my Glock's triggers were too spongy, at least for my liking. I replaced the trigger in my G23 duty weapon with an aluminum trigger for that reason.

First off, polymer is just a fancy word for plastic. So idk why that's so important. Second, you are correct, Glock triggers are not brittle but my experience seems to have differed from other's in that I have felt that my Glock's triggers were too spongy, at least for my liking. I replaced the trigger in my G23 duty weapon with an aluminum trigger for that reason.

I could be wrong, but I believe The_Outlaw was saying since the OP said the Taurus and S&W have plastic triggers and that plastic triggers are brittle, then try a Glock, since Glock's triggers are plastic and definitely not brittle.

Aside from that, what type of security/LE do you do that you were allowed to modify your duty weapon? It would be unheard of to do that where I am. How much different does the aluminum trigger feel over Glock's original equipment?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back