Planned attack at a high school

HK4U

Didn't these teens know that schools are gun free zones?

Officials: Alleged N. Texas School Attack Stopped

POSTED: 3:18 pm CST November 30, 2007
UPDATED: 3:50 pm CST November 30, 2007

FANNIN CO., Texas -- Fannin County Sheriff's Department officials said they have prevented an alleged attack at a high school.

A meeting in the Ector High School cafeteria addressed officials' plan to release students during the Thursday school day under the guise of a gas leak.

The sheriff's department worked with the Ector Police Department and the Texas Rangers to stop the planned attack.

Officials executed search warrants and arrested three 16-years-olds, who are now in juvenile custody, a day after the threat of possible guns being brought to school.

Many in attendance at the meeting said they were happy with the officials' decision.

No official charges have been filed

Alert teachers and good cops doing old-fashioned police work. No ridiculous laws required.

This is great if it is true. I fear for my wife at school with no way to protect herself. However, I wonder if the kids actually did anything. The article didn't say they had guns. It just said there was a threat of bringing guns to school. They may have had guns, I don't know. However, from what the article said someone could have simply gone to an authority figure and said Bob said he was bringing a gun to school tomorrow. I would like to see more details about what really happened.

This is great if it is true. I fear for my wife at school with no way to protect herself. However, I wonder if the kids actually did anything. The article didn't say they had guns. It just said there was a threat of bringing guns to school. They may have had guns, I don't know. However, from what the article said someone could have simply gone to an authority figure and said Bob said he was bringing a gun to school tomorrow. I would like to see more details about what really happened.

Good point Dave. With all the antis waiting to jump on guns any tiny hint of a story gets totally blown out of proportion to be used by the anti gun nuts.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back