Place Off Limit

w0ss

I posted to the sticky thread but it was never approved. No place is off limits in RI(with a permit) the only time it is prohibited to carry is when you are "intoxicated" this applies even in your home.

According to the NRA Gun Laws, this is prohibited:

The property of a public or private elementary or secondary school or in those portions of any building, stadium, or other structure on school grounds which were, at the time of the violation, being used for an activity sponsored by or through such a school in this state or while riding school provided transportation.

Are you saying that is incorrect? We already have the information on Alcohol and Drugs listed.

if you have a permit you are exempted from the restriction.

11-47-60

(b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to any person who shall be exempt pursuant to the provisions of §§ 11-47-9, 11-47-11, and 11-47-18 or to the following activities when the activities are officially recognized and sanctioned by the educational institution:

(1) Firearm instruction and/or safety courses;

(2) Government-sponsored military-related programs such as ROTC;

(3) Interscholastic shooting and/or marksmanship events;

(4) Military history and firearms collection courses and/or programs; and

(5) The use of blank guns in theatrical and/or athletic events.

(c) The provisions of this section shall not apply to colleges, universities, or junior colleges.

Government buildings; local, state, federal. Such as courts, dmv, post office, police stations, etc.

Government buildings; local, state, federal. Such as courts, dmv, post office, police stations, etc.

Are you saying those places are off limits?

Obviously anything Federally off limits is off limits in RI. There are no other restrictions in RI.

I have carried in my police station, in the DMV, and the post office. The Court's and state house both will check guns for you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back