Pittsburgh Shooter Kills Three Officers, Reportedly Feared Gun Ban

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
Pittsburgh Shooter Kills Three Officers, Reportedly Feared Gun Ban(Link Removed)

Fox News.com said:
PITTSBURGH — A man opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning, killing three of them, a police official said. Friends said he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Three officers were killed, said a police official at the scene who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard would only say that at least five officers were wounded, but wouldn't give any other details.

The man who fired at the officers was arrested after a several-hour standoff. One witness reported hearing hundreds of shots.

The shootings occurred just two weeks after four police officers March 21 in Oakland, Calif., in the deadliest day for U.S. law enforcement since Sept. 11, 2001.

Police did not immediately release the gunman's identity, but his friends at the scene described him as a young man who thought the Obama administration would ban guns.

One friend, Edward Perkovic, said the gunman feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon." Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said he feared that President Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."

Perkovic, a 22-year-old who said he was the gunman's best friend, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."

Perkovic said: "I heard gunshots and he hung up. ... He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot."

Vire, 23, said the gunman once had an Internet talk show but that it wasn't successful. Vire said his friend had an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum.

The officers were called to the home in the Stanton Heights neighborhood at about 7 a.m., Richard said.

Tom Moffitt, 51, a city firefighter who lives two blocks away, said he heard about the shooting on his scanner and came to the scene, where he heard "hundreds, just hundreds of shots. And not just once — several times."

Rob Gift, 45, who lives a block away, said he heard rapid gunfire as he was letting his dog out.

He said the neighborhood of well-kept single-family houses and manicured lawns is home to many police officers, firefighters, paramedics and other city workers.

"It's just a very quiet neighborhood," Gift said.
Just goes to show, all the Left has to do is threaten a gun ban and eventually their undue pressure on the otherwise law-abiding will eventually cause someone to snap and lash out, strike back against that pressure.

Through this entire story, though, there's no indication of the events that transpires between the Pittsburgh PD and the shooter, so I have no idea what the trigger effect was. The story simply mentions that the P.D. were there on a "domestic disturbance call". For all I know, that means the shooter was busy beating his wife, kids, and pets with a hammer and when the police rang the doorbell, he grabbed is entire horde of firearms and ammunition and openned fire through the door just from the sight of the cops.

Or, the neighbors thought the kids watching Saturday morning cartoons were listening to the TV too loud and called in a complaint, and the officers were completely overbearing and out of line in making threats and demands and getting verbally violent, and the shooter, cognizant of the recent SCOUTS ruling that someone merely accused of domestic violence can be legally deprived of his 2A rights, decided that these cops were not going to take his rights without cause, and so gave it to them.

More information is definitely needed.

Well this is all we need. More fodder or the gun grabbers. I can just here the knee jerk reactions now.

The mother informed the 911 operator that her son had weapons. The operator did not pass this on to the police. Nice work.:mad:

The guy had a fight with his mother with whom he was living. She called the police to have him thrown out of the house. The shooting had nothing to do with his rightful belief that the leftist administration we now have is looking to disarm America.

i dont understand why the cops were right there to be shot.. the way it should be is one cop stands about 30 feet back from the door and to the side where he can see the side of the house and the back if possible.. then when something goes down with the cop at the door he is there to react... not get blown away himself

The guy had a fight with his mother with whom he was living. She called the police to have him thrown out of the house. The shooting had nothing to do with his rightful belief that the leftist administration we now have is looking to disarm America.

no kidding.. gotta love how they threw that whole fear of gun grabbers in there...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back