pistol caliber carbine

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
I think that PCC's have a valid place in the hands of legal gun owners. They are handy, making the most out of pistol caliber velocity and accuracy. They are fun at the range and economical to shoot. They are very good for close quarters work in a tactical environment. The best part is that they fill that gap of 50-100 yds for tactical shooting.

I agree. The problem with pistols has historically been the fact that they aren't very useful or accurate at very long distances. Pistol caliber carbines solve this problem; now, if only someone could figure out how to do the same for shotgun gauges (not including slugs), then that would be awesome.

Mine's a tack driver out to about 50 yards....that's the furthest out I've been able to shoot. I think it'd be more accurate with a scope, but I'm limited to "peep" style iron sights and a BSA red dot.

Beretta CX4 in .40 S&W
MYCX-4.jpg

Mine's a tack driver out to about 50 yards....that's the furthest out I've been able to shoot. I think it'd be more accurate with a scope, but I'm limited to "peep" style iron sights and a BSA red dot.

Beretta CX4 in .40 S&W
MYCX-4.jpg

Nice. :yes4:

Here's my 40 carbine. It's not as small as yours YET.SBR to follow:
002-Copy.jpg

CX4 Storm

I agree that the Storm makes an excellent house gun. Mine is a 9mm, loaded with Winchester Ranger 117gr SXT +P+ rounds.

For navigating around corners in the house, you cant beat this pistol caliber carbine, with anything less than a civilian-legal 16" barrel. It is so short overall, and very easily maneuverable in the CQB environment of a house or apartment.

Some may not care for it's "Ferrari" looks, and I confess that they took a bit of getting used to, but all that smooth, rounded surface area, coupled with so little of the small round barrel projecting out the front, does have an advantage. It makes a successful gun-grab by a bad guy virtually impossible.

And from a 16" barrel, a good +P+ hollow-point round like the SXT comes out smoking-fast, for maximum expansion.

I
Some may not care for it's "Ferrari" looks, and I confess that they took a bit of getting used to, but all that smooth, rounded surface area, coupled with so little of the small round barrel projecting out the front, does have an advantage. It makes a successful gun-grab by a bad guy virtually impossible.
QUOTE]

It was love at first sight for me. I drooled over that thing for well over a year until I saved enough money to buy one.

Storm reliability

Mine has never jammed, locked up, or failed to eject a spent round. It's a simple blow-back design, so there's no gas tube or other overly complex system to drive the cycling.

I would not suggest loading it with light, wimpy competition hand-loads, though. There's quite a bit of mass to the bolt assembly, so you'll want to use good quality, commercially produced, full-charge range ammo, or better.

When I take it to the range, I normally feed it Federal's "American Eagle" ball ammo (pretty standard shoot-em-up range-quality stuff). I've also put about 200 -300 rounds of my chosen defense round (that gets a bit pricey though), without a problem. I don't see why the 40-cal version would be any less reliable, but since I own the 9mm version, that's the model I'll speak to.

Since it uses standard and high-cap Beretta 92 pistol magazines (for the 9mm version), you'll want to be sure, as with any magazine-fed firearm, that you use good quality mags.

And oh, the Storm is south-paw friendly, too, for any lefties.

Is that storm reliable?

I've had ONE F.T.E. in about 2000 rounds of firing. It was within the first 50 trigger pulls I've ever run it through. Not sure what the cause was, but I pulled the lever back, racked a new one, and banged through 10 more magazines. I've fired mine in about every possible way, and have yet to have one miss on me.

By the way, rapid firing this little guy is about as close as I can get to having a real machine gun.

The CX4 is a complete BLAST to shoot, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

I have a Hi-Point Carbine in 40S&W that I took a nice deer with this season with one shot at about 30 yards. It's a very fun, accurate gun. You just can't beat it at around $250.

I was wondering if anyone could give a first time gun owner some advice. My wife and I were planning on getting a Glock 19 or 17 for home defense. We decided on one of these because they are reliable and my wife likes to shoot them (low recoil, light trigger pull). We are both new to guns. I plan on practicing a lot but I'm not sure how much I can get my wife to go to the range. Lately I've been wondering if we would be more accurate in a stressful situation with a pcc, and with reduced recoil we might be able to go up to .40 S&W and still have it be comfortable for her. She is worried about reduced maneuverability with a pcc.

I've been looking into Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and Hi-Point. I don't think we can afford a Storm and still get a pistol for concealed carry (I'm thinking a G23 or G27 in this scenario). Could I trust our lives to a pcc or should I just stick to the Glock? Thanks.

Cx4

I have the CX4 Storm and Cougar in .45ACP. Awesome combo and scary accurate. Did not think the carbine would have as much recoil though. A few magazines through it will leave a pretty attractive bruise. Bought both as a package. As each came with 2 mags that gives me a total of 4 mags for either weapon. May invest in the 9mm version and get a px4 to go with it.

I was wondering if anyone could give a first time gun owner some advice. My wife and I were planning on getting a Glock 19 or 17 for home defense. We decided on one of these because they are reliable and my wife likes to shoot them (low recoil, light trigger pull). We are both new to guns. I plan on practicing a lot but I'm not sure how much I can get my wife to go to the range. Lately I've been wondering if we would be more accurate in a stressful situation with a pcc, and with reduced recoil we might be able to go up to .40 S&W and still have it be comfortable for her. She is worried about reduced maneuverability with a pcc.

I've been looking into Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and Hi-Point. I don't think we can afford a Storm and still get a pistol for concealed carry (I'm thinking a G23 or G27 in this scenario). Could I trust our lives to a pcc or should I just stick to the Glock? Thanks.

I would not hesitate at all relying on my Hi-Point for self defense. With a same caliber Glock, it would be an awesome combo IMHO. The High-Point recoils very lightly and is very controllable.

I love my camp 9. It's my second 1 after the first found a new home. They are out of production, but they are a great little rifle.

good luck.

dont have a fancy new carbine but i do have a ugly heavy medal model A uzi put away,with open sights i can fill a 9 inch pie plate full of holes at 100 yds as fast as i can shoot it.think i would like the wood stock better then the folding one its not very comfortable .

i got the uzi when they first came out around 30 yrs or so ago and theres no paper on it along with most of my stuff:laugh:,

I've been told that when shooting a .38 spl. from a carbine (.357/ .38 spl. lever rifle) that the .38 would actually lose velocity due to the (20 in.) long barrel. Can anyone confirm this? If true wouldn't that make that make the .38 spl. worthless for defense purposes fired from the rife?

I know the thread is about carbines, but you and your wife might want to consider a pump action or semi-auto 20 ga. shotgun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back