Pima County SWAT raid: Possibly legit, but still trigger happy

father-of-three

As it usually seems, it's hard to get a clear picture from the article. All they say they found was firearms and gear, nothing illegal. Firing 71 rounds at one person seems to be a bit of overkill, though he was holding an ar-15. That's 14 rounds fired per officer. If a well trained officer of the law needs 14, what's wrong with me having 17 or 33? :smile:

Attorney: SWAT raid found guns, body armor

While I am not fond of LEO's , I will say the ones in Pima county go thru hell daily because of all the illegals down there.

Drug prohibition is the cause of this innocent man's death.

Even if he had drugs, so what. Possession of a substance is a victimless crime.

Drug prohibition needs to end NOW!

Just keep in mind that Kathryn Johnston ran a drug house (they even found drugs... that the cops planted) and tried to murder cops... right up until the entire conspiracy by the Atlanta PD to cover up her murder collapsed in on itself.

And remember, those Atlanta cops had a "warrant"... which they obtained via false statements, on the basis of an imaginary "informant".

If the Atlanta PD could "find" drugs in Kathryn Johnston's house, these guys could "find" vests and "partial" cop uniforms in the dead Marine's.

We had this discussion before, call my attorney and I will show up with him, kick my door in and under the castle doctrine I will defend my home. Sounds like several versions of what happened are coming from police.

The police want it both ways.

They justify the no-knock style raids as necessary to surprise people so that they cannot destroy evidence or pose a threat. At the same time, if someone defends their home from an unknown intruder who "surprises" them, the police say the person should have NOT defended their home as they SHOULD HAVE known it was the police.

Does anyone else see the problem with this?

I agree several robbery attempts have been made in Houston Area with phony badge/uniform. Kick in my door will have a tactical response, while dogs are working on you.

Oh god, the best way for a criminal to instantly obtain compliance with a victim is to yell "POLICE!" People instantly drop their guns and go docile.

I agree It looks like Pima county really screwed-the-pooch on this & are now circling the wagons. It seems clear to me that At THE VERY LEAST it requires a completely un-biased investigation by an outside agency, preferably a Federal Grand Jury. That would take it out of the hands of the LEO crowd, while insuring that it came from a higher level. Also, until the investigation is complete, I would require that all SWAT activity cease. I think this also brings into question the teams' certification.

P.S. SWAT action for a marijuana bust?

Here's one more thought. The concept of announcing you're the Police virtually as you break in doesn't give the resident time to verify the ID. That on the surface calls into question whether the police have indeed given proper ID. I understand that it gives the bad guys more time to prepare/flush/etc. but the constitution is founded on the principles of protecting the citizens from over-zealous government!

If this turns out to be as it appears, I hope some heads roll over it-and I'm not speaking metaphorically. It would seem to be at least manslaughter!

I've watched the murder video and fail to accept the reasoning given by the cops that the victim should have known they(the fuzz) were there. A bunch of guys in ninja bdu clothes and a black SUV with a light on it. BFD. I can come up with a black SUV and a blinking light in a short period of time. Does that make me and 5 other guys a SWAT team? One observation I heard was that this SWAT team should be baited into an ambush and dealt with as they did the Marine. The out of control fuzz need to have some concern laid on them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back