Picks of your suppressed Firearms....

I shot a couple of subs in .22 once with suppressors. There was no recoil and the only sound was from the brass. It was awesome. No telling if it made a difference though, because I didn't shoot them with it off. It probably helped by adding weight, though.

Suppressors have a tactical use for home defense. If the guy who breaks into your home brings a friend along, they might split up and be in separate areas of the house. It may be advantageous to not tip one off that the other has just bitten the dust. Of course, how aggressive you can be in hunting down people in your house depends on the laws in your state and on your personal situation/level of courage.

If you have to use a weapon INSIDE your HOUSE against an intruder, and you have young kids or others with sensitive hearing
a suppressor would minimize damage to their hearing

save your family from hearing loss ;)

We're all about self/home defense. A suppressed weapon would seem a good idea for the nightstand/bedroom gun, whether pistol or carbine. Just imagine it's 2 a.m. Your spouse and kids are asleep. A noise causes you to awaken, so you grab the weapon you have ready for this occurence. You confront a BG and shoot. With a supressed weapon, the wife and kids don't get that loud, sudden, SCARY rude awakening. You can calmly, gently wake them to let them know you're calling to ask the police to remove the body, and your lawyer to ensure the police ONLY remove the body (not you, too).

Isn't that nicer than discharging a .45 or shotgun INDOORS, and then having screaming, crying, scared :eek: family members to deal with while making those calls?

Of course the bullet has to be subsonic. Otherwise you get a crack that is almost as loud as not having a suppressor. Most .22 rounds are supersonic. You have to go out of your way to buy subsonic. I think .22 shorts are subsonic but I haven't seen any .22 shorts in decades.

I think the speed of sound at sea level is around 1100 ft per second. So rounds slower than that should work well with a suppressor.

Of course the bullet has to be subsonic. Otherwise you get a crack that is almost as loud as not having a suppressor. Most .22 rounds are supersonic. You have to go out of your way to buy subsonic. I think .22 shorts are subsonic but I haven't seen any .22 shorts in decades.

I think the speed of sound at sea level is around 1100 ft per second. So rounds slower than that should work well with a suppressor.

Very try. It also depends on what you are shooting. My 3in Walther P22 shooting high velocity .22lr will not build up the velocity to go super sonic. That same ammo out of a ruger 10/22 and you'd get the "crack" as the round goes supersonic. So you do have to be selective on your ammo.

my favorite
MVC-008S.jpg

just for fun
Toy2.jpg

Toy3.jpg

silent death for hogs...300Whisper rifle
MVC-003S-1.jpg

or pistol
300-221SS1.jpg

and for plinking
MVC-002S-1.jpg

ALL OF YOUR PAGE THREES ARE BELONG TO ME!!

My YHM Cobra M2 40 attached to my Olympic Arms K40, 40S&W AR.
Wicked nice. Very quiet.

Link Removed Link Removed

Link Removed

I just got a Remington 700.Yeah,the one that comes with a Leupold scope and AAC suppressor.Have not shot it yet,but planning on using it for hunting and SHTF sniping.Call me paranoid,but i like to be prepared.Besides,bragging rights.I love the feel of this beast.

My one and only can on a SIG 522. With sub ammo, only thing you here is the actions. SWEEEET!!!

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back